Ringer: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Just caught up with episode 4, which was definitely the best one yet! Really enjoyed it. It's so unbelievably soapy, not just in the plotlines, but in the execution of the whole thing. I am loving it. Creepy that they never show us what happened to Malcolm. Machado being so close is great fun and the confrontation with Gemma and the ending were thrilling.

Gemma! :lol:

I was thinking about that while watching the episode. She's not giving a great performance, but she's not horrible either. There are times when she's phoning it in. Also, the two sisters aren't distinctive enough; you can tell them apart only from their clothes. Siobhan maybe has a bit more of an aristocratic air but it's not much of a difference, unless the intent is to really show how similar they are. But how fun would it be if Siobhan was so different that Bridget had to deal with her mannerisms and stuff as well?

I wish networks would just give up stretching shows and do one season. But that's a whole other story.

Why do I have the impression I read an interview or an article where they said they have plotted out several seasons' worth of stories. I know something similar was said for REVENGE, but I'm thinking the same thing about RINGER!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. I think the scenes of them together are usually better played--and Shiv does have more of an arrogance, but they are too similar. Still, it's not awful like some I've seen on soaps--and it's always been clear enough who's who. (and man is Tyler a sucker!)

Yeah, I assume when this was pitched they gave at least ideas of where the story could continue, but more and more as shows are serialized and high concept, these things often die from being stretched out (prison Break, heroes, etc, etc).

I read something in Ent Weekly's Fall Preview that said that but it was very very vague (unlike Revenge where they specifically promised this first arc would clearly wrap up in 13 episodes).

• Members

The question is who did it? Henry is the obvious choice but maybe Gemma did it herself to frame him. Maybe Henry got home and thought Siobhan did it. Lots of possibilities here. One thing I've noticed about this show is that there are a lot of fake-out moments. Big ones tonight: the "whore" writing was done by the stepdaughter not Gemma and the stepdaughter was talking about Andrew being married and not Siobhan's affair with Henry.

Archived