Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toups

Ringer: Discussion Thread

Every episode has a twist, but the show doesn't feel overdone. It reminds me of a modern take on a soap had Alfred Hitchcock produced one in the Peyton Place era. I love that about it. And I LOVE Justin Bruening. Even Billy Miller is a revelation here and I HATE him on Y&R.

Just started but DUH Gemma isn't dead haha. That's hardly a twist. Siobhan cut Charlie off before he could explain what happened and he said he didn't agree to anything going as far as it did. Plus she's been in the opening recap in the most recent episodes.

So I left the room at one point during last night's episode, but am I to understand that the reason why Brigitte came to NYC for safety, fearing for her life, was because of a set up by Siobhan?

Finally up to date--GREAT stuff. I agree Billy Miller is much better than on Y&R (no big surprise), although I definitely saw some of this character in Richie on AMC.

So we have to wait two weeks for a new episode--and then it's the "Fall finale?"

Yeah, that knocks the wind out of its sail... Skip a week, and then the next episode is the last until January? I'm not familiar with this new "fall finale" concept.

The CW has done it for a while now--well at least with Vampire Diaries, the only show I've followed regularly on the CW. In a way it makes sense, at least with TVD they showed 9 episodes (with no repeats or missed weeks) and then they pick up in January and go through another extended period of no breaks or repeats, which for a serial makes more sense than how some stations show a new ep, then a repeat, then a new ep, then a break, then a repeat, then a repeat, then 3 new episodes, etc--that's a pretty unsatisfying way to do it. So I *kinda* get it (though the break always seems long to me and I often have to look up what happened), but Ringer has had two missed weeks now, and it seems like for a new show dependant on clifhangers it's not very well planned (does the CW have some awards show or something next Tues?0

Did that honestly just happen? That was completely unnecessary.

And I wasn't even particularly fond of her. If they were gonna off her, they should've done it weeks ago. Gratuitously dark and mean-spirited to boot.

I totally agree. Especially because she could have just RUN instead of getting into the car. It was so unnecessary.

Seriously not sure if I'll be tuning back in Jan. 10th.