OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

There were some meandering years in the mid/late 90's where the press complained about how boring the show had gotten and ratings started to go down. That's probably how JFP weaved herself in there - she initially came over to ABC as a consultant when she left AW, and consulted for close to a year before taking over OLTL (it was apparently between AMC and OLTL, but she landed at the latter).  

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know she came close to going to AMC. I had heard something about someone (I don't recall who) intervening there before she could, but I may be wrong about that. I know Marcy Walker was allegedly very concerned about it after her GL stint went south, something she supposedly blamed Jill for.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It was Marcy herself who told Michael Logan she had reservations about JFP going to AMC after her GL stint, lol. 

She blamed Jill for using her as a negotiation tactic at GL. She was right given the ill-devised character she was given to play. 

https://marcywalkeronline.tripod.com/pages/press022.htm 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

When Jill Faren Phelps "came to ABC." it was a return to ABC.    She had begun as a music supervisor on an ABC serial in California, General Hospital.

I did not think that Grace Phillips was a good recast either.

I wish that the term "gone south" would not be used.   It is offensive to Southerners.

• Members

Amazing! I am not alone in this! I thought I was the only one who objected. Metro ATL speaking up here. Then there are people who equate a Southern accent with stupidity & that rankles. Ever hear Nancy Curlee Demorest?! Wonderful rich Southern accent, so there's one that I would submit is a freakin' genius.