AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Members

The promoter Romanivich was the one who complained about the fact that P&G wouldn't sell him characters from GL. But he had no intention of a new "GL" it was to use them

for some time of road show promotion which sounds very tacky IMO. That could be the extent of the "offers" ABC got or they were so low it was a joke or maybe Univision or maybe nothing to try and get fans worked up the day before planned protests.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm willing to bet that there's no lawyer involved. If there were he or she would've already said there's no way a judge will certify such a class.

Spread what word? More rumors? More unfounded hope? Either give people some real information or be quiet. This just looks like an attempt to gin up interest in the Emmys. I'm guessing this Romanovich person is The Soap Whisperer. I know it's the end of days in the soapverse but I still hate the fact that all that's left are egomaniacs and people trying to shake people down for a buck.

• Members

I have a hard time believing that a real source actually made an offer. Didn't Romanivich make reference on twitter to making and offer for AMC and OLTL and got turned down. For both the show as well as the traveling thing.

• Members

His company does not have the money to buy these shows. Maybe he offered the same crap he offerd P&G for GL which would have led to some cheap road show with a few soap actors.

I happen to agree. If multiple offers have been made, tell people who is making them so fans have the chance to get behind them versus the continual negative campaigning against big bad Disney. It's kind of convenient this "rumor" comes out the day before the emmy's.

And for someone who loves daytime so much, Romanivich who is producing them is again focusing less on daytime and more on Vegas schmaltz and Oprah getting her lifetime achievement award and Celine Dion and Marie Osmond performing. And no tribute and I'll bet it has nada to do with the fact they thing AMC and OLTL might get picked up and more to do with losing time they can use to advertise Las Vegas

• Members

I can't believe the soaps are getting less attention than Marie Osmond performing. Geez. Nothing against the woman but every time I've seen her for the last 3-4 years I'm afraid she's going to have a complete nervous breakdown live on stage.

• Members

Didn't Oprah already get a lifetime achievement award?

I wonder how many care at this point. She's been saying goodbye for five years and finally did say goodbye last month. Then again she will still probably get more viewers than soaps.

I can't believe they aren't going to have anything for AMC or OLTL. People liked to sneer about the P&G soaps as being for old people, but AMC was a touchstone for many throughout the 80's, so there's no real excuse for it to ignored.

• Members

Sadly, I think THEY think they're giving AMC and OLTL fans the continued lessening hope that their shows will be "saved" in the final hours. All this "keep hope alive" is just a bunch of BS.

I wonder will the 2012 Daytime Emmy Awards do any sort of tribute for those two departed shows in June 2012, or will they continue to try and keep folks from thinking that ABCD will announce GH's cancellation by that time?

Archived