B&B: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought it was interesting actually. I like Daisy, but I also like Steffy. I like the potential of a Katie/Bill/Steffy triangle more, but I'm not opposed to Steffy disliking Daisy - I felt like her attitude is more common than people care to admit.

They look so much alike that it is freaky

• Members

Well since she dated Marcus they wouldn't call her a racist but the only thing she didn't call her was a black bitch and you knew she was thinking it. Why would Thomas date a low rent homegirl when there are beautiful women like Summer and Madison. It's a travesty what JM has done to her looks. Between her plastic face and HT watching both of them in scenes together is hard on the eyes.

• Members

You know what? I hope they do explore why exactly Steffy feels the way she does about Dayzee. But I agree, Bell probably won't take it all the way there.

I think it can only help make Dayzee's story more interesting if she had some rival, someone that doesn't think she's a saint. That said, I also think that Steffy has become a complete cartoon, or is at least on the verge. She's become a complete, cold-hearted beyotch!

• Members

Steffy is NOT a racist. She has nothing against black people. She is just very selfish and spoiled. She left and she's seeing that world has moved on without her. I think she is jealous with Stephanie's new relationship with Dayzee bc she might view her as a replacement for her. On a professional level, she's a PR person who's worked hard to put a certain image of Thomas out there. Rich elligble bachelor and I think she might view him being with Dayzee at some public charity event as bringing that image down bc she was a homeless girl from the streets. I dont feel her attitude towards Dayzee is rooted in her having some hate for black people. Its a class issue, not race

With that said, Im glad someone isnt drinking the Dayzee kool-aid. She's been built up as this saint thats been propped by everyone she interacts with since she came on. Its kinda nauseating how much attention she's gotten as she can do no wrong.

• Members

wub.gif One of my B&B opening suggestions was answered, the show created it's own little "dun dun dun" before the opening, I LOVE it! It's just how I imagined it would be...now it's complete!!

LMAO at Steffy: "Bill Spencer married? Oh yeah to that shrew Kate Logan, why do I keep forgetting about that?". I am so down for this triangle and I'm glad the groundwork is being layed for it... Cheap, LOVE that new banner of yours!!

WTH is Jake Pavelka doing back on this show?? LOL

Steffy's rant about Dayzee was interesting...pretty harsh, though I understood what she was saying...it wasn't racist at all but I think bellcurve said it best, it was most definitely "Classist and borderline racist.".

Steffy is kind of right, we really don't know much about Dayzee...there could be something more to her & she isn't as sweet and innocent as she comes across, but I really hope not.

• Members

I'm sure BB wouldn't dare even think about presenting Steffi as racist. And when you think about it, her Dayzee rant is really no different than her Hope rants; she discounts anything positive about these "good" girls as somehow "handed" to them, whereas she's supposedly "earned" everything she has. (It's also her 'tude about Thomas, for that matter.)

It's as bogus as a three dollar bill, given that Mommy handed her 25% of the company and she has no appreciable qualification for her present job other than having blackmailed the company away from Bill in the first place.

But it wouldn't take much more to perceive her comments as racist either.

• Members

I wish there was some truth to Steffy's hating. Dayzee (got I hate typing that) is too good to truly enjoy. I need an edge, some snark, an addition or something. I hate her perfection. I don't understand nuThomas still, nor am I totally behind the romance with Dayzee, but I think it could create sparks. I still wish they'd made him gay. That would've been an exciting, game changing story.

Having Steffy back is such a breath of fresh air. I loved her scenes with Taylor and Amber in particular. Amber is just a trashy delight. She was my favorite character for many years and I never understood why I hated her so much on Y&R. It's the same actress and same character, but I guess just the wrong show for her. She's back where she needs to be I just want her in a new trailer.

One thing that still bothers me is the misuse of Sarah Brown. Especially since she's not getting an exit and will just be mostly off screen like RJ. I think Sarah Brown deserved better than that. Brad Bell knows she could've gone anywhere and chose his soap. He never even gave her one big story before sending her to the backburner. Her introduction was so rushed and then they threw her into that lame pairing. I say just let her go crazy and be done with it. Something. Dayum.

• Members

Dayzee definitely does need more of an edge. Her personality is a little to foolproof and it would be nice if she showed some more colors....after today I'm sure were in store for some tense Steffy/Dayzee interactions in the future and it would be more fulfilling if Dayzee showed a more bitchy/spitfire angle to herself. Right now I'm picturing scenes between them with Steffy getting snark with her & Dayzee just staring blankly at her in disbelief or something like that, as opposed to getting snark right back at her....hope I'm wrong ;-).

• Members

I kinda liked how bold Steffy was with Taylor today in regards to her pursuit of Bill. She definetly says it like she means it. The two did resemble each other today and it was almost like starting at a mirror sitting across from each other. I liked how their hair was done similar but the curl in the front on opposite sides of their face. I wonder if that was intentional bc it made for an interesting visual when they were opposite each other

• Members

Didn't expect all this reaction! LOL. But I'm glad it's civil!

Plenty of white people have dated black people and vice versa but that doesn't keep either group from being racist, bigoted, or saying bigoted things. Honestly, I thought Steffy's rant was one of the most interesting pieces of dialogue on that show in months and Jacqueline MacInnes Wood delivered it with the kind of intense disgust it warranted. I mean, I don't think Steffy is gonna start chanting "white survival" or run around in sheets, but I think it'd be weird not to mention race as being an aspect of that.

Also, I don't get why Steffy being racist or having racist tendencies would be out of the question and such a bad thing: lots of characters on TV shows/films have had prejudices. I think it makes the show more realistic. L.A. county is full of racial tension and segregation and has been for decades. It makes no sense why everyone would be so PC and accepting in Brad Bell's L.A. Not everything is black and white. I don't expect a preachy PSA storyline about Steffy's latent bigoted views, but I don't understand this outrage about Steffy's comments being racist or why that would be such a bad thing. This show is desperately missing an element of reality and the fluffy PSA stories are not the kind of reality that people want to see.

Maybe we can see/hear Steffy say something similar to the things Mary Smythe said to Carlos/Juan Pablo on AMC. Just bigoted things and then her pulling back and saying, "I'm no racist. I dated Marcus. How can I be a racist? I just call things as I see them."

• Members

I love how Steffy thinks Bill is "trapped" with Katie. She said Katie thinks she's tamed Bill. LMAO. I like Bill with Katie a lot, but Steffy does seem like the more fun choice and she could bring out the more fiery side in him. I think there are advantages in both pairings, but i'd like to see Steffy/Bill delved into more ;-)

Yes I definitely see what you are saying here and ITA.

I live here and you are most definitely right about that.

I'm ducking here before I say this, but I wouldn't mind if Steffy turned out to be racist either. A racism S/L would fit B&B perfectly because the show is set in an area where it's very common. If the show did go there, and somehow I'm highly doubting it, I think it could be interesting if done right. It would be hard to try and recover the character when its done though I think.

Archived