Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@BoldRestless thanks for the recap of the 1993 Rainbow Gardens stuff!

I found where I had looked at it before:   

The pandemic rerun of the Aug. 7, 1996 episode of Christine/Paul wedding.
Wedding guests included Miles and Margaret Dugan, played by Parley Baer and Maxine Stuart. They were the Rainbow Gardens tenants that Christine had helped in 1993.   I remember looking up the "rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs" recap of that 1996 wedding the week before it aired in July 2020.

Then I wondered who are Miles and Margaret and started to research them then.  I'd only been a member here for a few months then, and tried reading all the history, but was so overwhelmed. I think I tried finding more about Miles and Margaret but I think I found only stuff on soapcentral.  I didn't think to research them on rec.arts.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

My memory is fuzzy on the details…I tried to look back but came up with nothing it may not have been John after all. 

I did like John Silva with Jill although I had so wanted that Ryan/Jill one night stand earlier that year. Also at the time I didn’t realize it at the time but Jill shacking up with her lawyer is a bit of a rehash of Jill and Michael Crawford a decade beforehand.

Maybe John Silva should have been tested with Nikki?

• Members

I don't think anything was dropped regarding John Silva and Sheila. It felt like a (surprising) little beat, a shared past that justified a brief connection and facilitated the fun David Kimble/Sheila crossover. Bell wasn't going to focus majorly on a Sheila/John thing in the midst of everything else going on: John was plenty busy with Nina/David/Christine and Sheila was VERY busy. lol

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I’ve picked January 2015 for my Y&R start to go back to and watch some Sharon and I couldn’t be more happier with the month I picked.

Sharon vs Nick’s custody battle for Faith was going on. Such a juice storyline. At first they were warming up to each other again and even tried to be civil. But a misunderstanding ruined it and they are going for the custody in court. Faith misunderstood Sage’s visit at Nick’s house when she was over and that caused more drama. Loved it.

AND I forgot that 2014/15 was the recast year with Adam played by the fabulous Justin Hartley, Billy by Burgess Jenkins and Phyllis by Gina Togni.

Adam pretending to be Gabriel Bingham and working with Sage is hilarious. They can’t stand each other but work together to get the heritage from the dying Constance Bingham. Which died early on in this year. Adam sneaking around Chelsea was fun. I remember that I watched April til like August 2015 a bit (with missing episodes) back then and loved them so much and still do. Gosh that chemistry. I even like this Billy. I remember fans weren’t fond of him but I think that he worked well with this version of the Billy-Adam story. Billy sensing that something’s off with him and getting jealous because he always pops up around Chelsea. At first she wasn’t thinking about it but noticed it too and told him off a bit. Lol if she knew. 

I was heartbroken when Kelly Sullivan left GH. But oh gosh I loved her joining Y&R. And ofc she had to go through Joshua Morrow’s Nick’s approval coz he gets like all the new hotties lol BUT Sage and Nick flowed well and naturally and they have actually real chemistry. I am a sucker for shick but Sage and Nick are a good fit.

Michael’s prostate cancer got revealed to his family. I forgot about it. But it was written good.

Dylan fighting for crimson and it got revealed that Victor is the secret enemie. Ugh this month reminded me why I hate Victor Newman. I love EB and Victor is Y&R but he got away with so much cruelty and stuff which makes me angry. Trying to ruin his wife’s son business to save his own “FOR the family”.. He also had a side plot against Ashley and Jabot and a new perfume and espionage lol Like yeah.. Give Victor more storylines after storylines.. Oh yeah right. And his side plot against Jack coz he pushed Phyllis waking up from the coma with the experimental tests etc. Right. That wasn’t enough. He also has another side plot with Jill who wants to buy chancellor from him. He had like 4-5 story’s at once. WTH? But he backed down from his war path against Dylan at the end of the month. 
We have Dylan’s story with Joe Clark. I forgot about Dylan and Avery’s pairing. Steve Burton surprised me. He got some action scenes when he was attacked at crimson and when he kicked down joe Clark’s door and threatened him.. I mean it’s Steve Burton. Ofc he gets some action scenes. Wouldn’t have it any other way. But it was surprising how much emotions he put into his acting. Why can’t he do that on GH? Weird. 
Joe Clark kinda annoyed me and I remember his character was a flop anyway.

Kelly vs Phyllis showed me what a great actress GT was as Phyllis. I felt entertained by it. But what is it with Y&R turning their leading females into a mess. Nikki having MS and struggling with being an alcoholic, Phyllis turning mentally unstable , Sharon’s Bipolar and now in 2023-24 Ashley’s DID’s. Who’s next? Lily? Victoria? Jill? Lol

Gosh I remember how juicy the Neil-Hillary-Devon Story was.. But oh damn. It also remembered me why I hated Devon and still do. I don’t even understand why Y&R is pushing his character for 2 decades by now. He’s so boring with no appeal. Only thing that carried this story was Hillary and the blind Neil. Can’t wait for the affair to be exposed. But Collin blackmailing Devon was funny. Devon trying to out him in front of the family was so disgusting. I mean he’s the one screwing Neil’s wife lol Gosh I hate Devon and will hate him until my last day on earth 

I forgot that Avery was Phyllis sister. Does she ever get mentioned? And what about Dylan being Paul’s and Nikki’s son? I haven’t heard from him either. Weird.

Mariah-Kevin?? That was a story? I forgot about it but was pleased with their friendship and crushing on each other.

so Many people hate Y&R for no reason and being dead since the 00’s or since bell died but this stuff was well grounded and balanced and good written. I can wait for February 2015..  Jessica Collins is one of the prettiest women I’ve ever seen tbh and that Lily actress. Wow. What a well trained body she has in that scene with cane. Sage, Sharon and Chelsea are top women too. This cast is so pretty