Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

After 22-24 episodes it made click to me lol Austin is played by Mathew Atkinson who plays Thomas on B&B.. omg. I completely forgot. He looked familiar but now it made finally click

Gina’s acting as Phyllis in the clinic gave me goosebumps. I get why people fell in love with her after Michelle’s exit. I love both Phyllis versions. 

Muhney was MY Adam.. But I have to say out of the 3 latest versions Justin Hartley is MY Adam. He had chemistry with everyone man lol 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Thanks!!! I remember us trying to count how many individuals Sheila had interacted with especially since the whole ordeal was so isolated to just Lauren/Scott/Sheila for the most part. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members
Posted (edited)

Haha no problem!

Please register in order to view this content

It's a small list for sure, which is course is one of the best things about Sheila's original run in GC. Keeping her away from the likes of  Katherine Chancellor, Victor Newman and Jack Abbott was always a wise decision! (Except for the Masquerade Ball of course) 

besides the obvious Lauren, Paul, and Scott. Olivia, John Silva, Danny and Cricket were the only other ones in town that really interacted with Sheila between 1990-1992, OH and of course that one scene from September 1991 where David Kimble is hiding behind Silva's desk when she's at a meet with him and Glenn Richards. It's so fun how intrigued he seems by just listening to her voice, like Bill Bell knows they would have been a force if they teamed up!  

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

@YRfan23 Thanks I found it! I had mentioned Blade/Mari Jo vibes earlier but honestly the scenes gave me Phyllis/Peter and/or Phyllis/Brian vibes instead. As in I could see Sheila is actually knocked up by John Silva and parading her son as being Scott’s son with no one the wiser that it is John Silvia’s. 

In a flip side comparison after rewatching in the vault too the initial Mari Jo introduction in April 1994 is a spooky and ominous one but the show lost focus on it. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Your welcome!

Please register in order to view this content

funny I think someone on the old usenet groups had thought that it was John Silva's baby Sheila was carrying. As much as Finn doesn't need to be Sheila's son, I can almost buy him as being a Sheila/Silva child. Too bad John Castellanos I think is retired from acting. I know he was married to one of the producers or directors at B&B once. 

Did you see February 28, 1995 is in the vault? That's a fun episode as we have Sheila coming over to GC to stop Lauren from talking to James. (All these scenes/episodes are what build up to the Jacuzzi fight/Sheila locking James in the Houdini basement on B&B.) Then we have Phyllis in the same episode flashing back (which I think was newly created for the episode) to when she changed the car rental records so her car wouldn't be traced to running down Paul and Christine. I can't stand Phyllis now, but it's intriguing seeing the "darker" version of her with Sheila in the same episode....Having Mari Jo on too would have been epic. 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Haha it’s funny you mentioned Sheila avoiding Jack…it was awkward enough for Ashley and Jack to discuss “that strange stuff with Sheila Carter” when talking Lauren in 1993 but a throwback and realization the Abbott’s had just dealt with Lisa yet Lester’s Jack quipping he never wished to “see that pile of hair again” was too epic, considering Jack set that set of events in motion. I can only imagine the smarmy comments TL Jack would have had about Sheila

But I will definitely check that episode out…

I remember the vivid shift of Sheila’s story the jacuzzi fight on B&B brought as it closed one chapter and opened up the second chapter brought. I don’t why the 1995-98 stuff got so ignored and retconned over the years.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I’m in week 2 of February 2015 and I forgot what an amazing actor Kristof is!

Neil finally got his eyesight back and saw Devon/Hillary doing it. Poor Neil. He started drinking again and planning some revenge! His fake-blindness is so much fun to watch and makes me miss him these days even more. But the way Devon acted throughout this storyline makes me hate him so much more than I already did. 

I know people love Nikki and Victor and I like them.. BUT I always thought she deserved better than him tbh. Neil/Nikki looked good in their scenes with their deep conversations 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

Now that I've seen this clip again, I can have another marvel at the choice to have wind effects for realism but no indication that Jack standing right next to a window and shattering it to pieces might cause him some physical harm.