Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I made it through August 1986 and the Molly Starck and teenage pregnancy storyline.

That concert of Danny was such a success.. I have to say it felt a bit TOO 80‘s for me but I did enjoy it. I enjoyed that whole arc and that Y&R told such an important awareness story for young women to say no! 

Danny-Christine grew on me during those episodes and they felt a bit more real then what we got in the 2020‘s loL

Katherine taking on Phillip was so moving. I love that bond even though Phillip always acted like diva here and there.

Im so fully invested in Jack Abbott‘s storyline. He is working with the homeless coz of his sentence. He didn’t shot Jill.. He is finally trying to proof his innocence! Terry is such a great actor and I get why he was beloved with the audience.

I knew from the anniversary books that it was Sven Petterson. But Jill used him to get some information out of Katherine even though it was him all along. That was hilarious and entertaining. Can’t wait to see the revelation of it to Jill.. I love Brenda!

Jess is such a legend and I love her as Jill. BUT Brenda will always be MY Jill. I don’t get how people say that she was too campy and stuff even though she portrayed Jill as she was supposed to be. Some said she has overdone it and Y&R tried to chase the hype of Dynasty but Brenda played Jill since 1973 way before Dynasty hit the screen. I love her and she even replied to my Instagram comment. She is posting a lot of YR stuff on her site. I wish Y&R would bring her back

Please register in order to view this content

this month I felt a bit annoyed by the Matt-Nikki-Victor-Ashley story. Only thing that kept my interest is that mystery illness of Nikki.

• Members

After she filed her $10 million wrongful termination lawsuit against Columbia Pictures Television [now Sony] after her dismissal, she pretty much blackballed herself from appearing on Y&R (or any other soap) ever again.  Very unfortunate decision on her part to file the suit.  No production company wants to deal with someone like that.  I know she's blamed everyone (except herself) for her lack of subsequent lack of acting gigs over the years, but the fault obviously lies with her decision to file that lawsuit.  

I didn't mind her (ridiculous) campiness all that much.  If you jot down her lines from the 1986-1987 scripts, and try reciting the lines yourself, you'll find that most of them can't be delivered in any fashion OTHER than camp, which is the way she played it.    

• Members

I don't know if this is the best place to post this. 

But, if any of you have this info tucked away, a google drive of Y&R episodes, it has gone defunct. All the episodes are gone. 

https://mega.nz/folder/4CsF2QQA#eoWqh_nDB5XU-EDjGv7k0A

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w0JJZuh7PD6ckXsHWI6AGaMr-Fb3R9QLJY6v1-PLrPs/edit?pli=1

Y&R Complete: 2019-2022 2014-2015 2010-2011
Y&R Partial: 2016-2018 2012-2013 2007-2009 2000-2001 2023 1980s 1970s
Y&R Nothing: 1990-1999 2002-2006
Y&R Classic Episodes Part 1 1973 … 1981-1990 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4