Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

What interests me about Ashley's breakdown  is she is acknowledging something soaps - and the soap press - often fail to acknowledge. Many times,  what Rick  (and to a degree, Blade)  did to her would just be seen as hot, or fun, or soapy, or no big deal. Even relatively recently on Y&R, Malcolm taking advantage of Dru had gone the same route. 

I assume Bell did this  mostly because he needed a reason to write Ashley out when Brenda quit, but it's still extremely rare - shocking, even  - to  hear  a woman  lay out  the way she was violated, in  language that is not sugarcoated.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Epperson, Walton, and Barton were definitely the highlight of the story’s climax as they gave all out performances. Epperson’s above really highlighted some raw emotion there over the betrayal.

I don’t recall anyone else besides Ashley, Jill and Mari Jo knew about the Blade/Rick reveal though. Rick slithered out of town after receiving death threats from Mari Jo and Jill. Ashley left right before Christmas as the above occurred in early December. And when Shattuck’s Ashley returned a few months later in March ‘96 she barely mentioned Blade but was still apprehensive about Mari Jo. 

Which is a shame because Dru was indeed so disgusted with what Malcolm did she considered abortion but chose not to over her personal health risks. The later romantic stuff between Malcolm & Dru in 2000  didn’t feel right either. 

• Members

I Loved Brenda!!! she was a beautiful and sensitive Ashley, had great chemistry with many actors and this story was indeed powerful.. are there any more scenes from her last episodes, from Blade's death and her finding our the truth? in English, not in German