Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Remember in 2018 there was a flashback to Victor and Nikki's first Christmas together in 1981? In the scene shown Nikki mentions Victor having an unhappy childhood. Was this when it was first revealed that Victor grew up in an orphanage? I can't find any recaps from December 1981 that delve into the details of the Christmas episodes.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Probably the most I have read about this infamous behind the scenes moment outside of forums. Pretty detailed too. "learn your lines old man" LOL I kinda hope this is a real quote. Steam must have been shooting out of Eric's ears, haha. 

This article was from January 04, 1992 - not sure which issue of SOW it came from though

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by will81

• Members

Yeah, it looked like they were ready to kill each other. I'd say their beef went back to 1989, the tension between them was visible from the onset, and I felt it was there until maybe 2005 or so. EB didn't really delve into details of the beef in his book, but he seemed regretful of it.

• Members

Yes.

To both men's credits, they have owned up to it, talked openly about it and how unfortunate it was and they both accepted their part of responsibility.

That being said, maybe I am naive but it is for me to understand how anything like this can escalate to blows. I mean, short of someone sleeping with someone else's wife or something very personal like that, disliking a colleague should be something you grin and bear.
I wonder what the real spark for this was - can't just have been excess of testosterone and professional rivalry for it to escalate so much.