Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

2012, the last year of classic scores I believe. If there was any good thing to come out of this time period, it was the reveal that Phyllis ran over Paul and Chris I '94.

Phyliss confronts Daisy about raping Daniel and conceiving their child. Pot calling the kettle black here. 

Did the writers realize they basically copy and pasted Sheila and Scott into the early Phyliss/Danny/Cricket years, lol. Regardless I think early unhinged Phyliss were the characters best years, especially up until Susan Walters left as Diane. 

At what point did they decide to relatively normalize Phyllis? I suppose when Michelle Stafford returned in 2000?

Edited by ironlion

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

American Top 40 for week of 12/18/76
https://www.mixcloud.com/MossMusic70s/that-70s-show-december-eighteenth-nineteen-seventy-six/

Nadia’s Theme (aka the Young and the Restless theme) is #8 on the chart

at 1hr57m: Casey Kasem talks about how the songwriter, Perry Botkin Jr, credits his agent with lobbying the record company to release the song as a single, after his agent heard it during the ’76 Olympics.

Why doesn’t Casey mention that Nadia’s theme is also the YR theme?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

It just occurred to me that Y&R's Phyllis may have been named for comedienne Phyllis Diller.

She was a friend of the Bell's as far back as the 60's - appearing on Lee Bell's Chicago show and many years later on B&B as Gladys.

Bill had a thing for naming characters after family and friends.

It always struck me that Phyllis was an odd,old fashioned name for a young character but it makes more sense if it was to honor Ms Diller.

And, in the 70's Bell introduced a character named Phyllis when he was writing Days.

Good theory?

dillerlee.jpg?w=500

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I would agree, it seems Bell had a habit of naming characters after people he knew. You're right, Phyllis was an old fashioned named by 1994. Actually even by the 70's when the character would have been "born". Not sure many girls were being named Phyllis even in the 70's.