Y&R: Old Articles

DRW50

• Members
12 minutes ago, will81 said:

Each year we got further behind until by 2000 we were four years behind and they did the leap forward.

I thought the leap forward was in 2004?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
12 minutes ago, Dion said:

I thought the leap forward was in 2004?

Lol I got mixed up we were watching eps from 2000 in 2004, haha, also I was trading tapes back then so the timeline often gets scrambled in my head. 

• Members
1 hour ago, will81 said:

Y&R started in April 1974, but when Days began airing in prime time, the channel began airing two episodes of Y&R a day for a short period until Days returned to daytime. In 1980 Cricket began pre-empting the show each year for a couple weeks but the channel would also have a summer break as well that could last another two or three weeks.

Each year we got further behind until by 2000 we were four years behind and they did the leap forward.

Days was far more popular in the 70's and went into primetime, I havn't checked it out, but possibly channel nine played a bit of catch up and then fell behind again. Y&R also went an hour around 1980 in Australia, long before it would have actually been an hour show. So again I think the channel did some catch ups previously with both shows. 

WHAT!!!!! I was literally looking at the 1991 episode the other day and wishing we had anything from January. The only month that was missing completely. Woohoo for those new 1991 eps they have added.

Well they don’t have any January 1991 episodes yet but I’m hoping that new Person uploading will have some eventually.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
3 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

Heh, when I first read this I was like "wow, Cricket Blair was so unpopular that they wouldn't air the show during the summer when she was on, Terry Lester would have loved that" until I realized you were talking about the sport. 

You are killing me BoldRestless. Keeping it real here, whenever any episodes from Summer 1986 to end of 1989 surface, I skip all the Cricket scenes.

• Members
1 hour ago, yrfan1983 said:

9/30 and 10/16 1987 are on archive! I think these have only previously been available in German

https://archive.org/details/the-young-the-restless-september-30-1987

https://archive.org/details/the-young-the-restless-october-16-1987-most

So awesome!!

Please register in order to view this content
 I love how we are slowly getting the German episodes in English! 

• Members

Remember in 2018 there was a flashback to Victor and Nikki's first Christmas together in 1981? In the scene shown Nikki mentions Victor having an unhappy childhood. Was this when it was first revealed that Victor grew up in an orphanage? I can't find any recaps from December 1981 that delve into the details of the Christmas episodes.

• Members
9 hours ago, kalbir said:

Remember in 2018 there was a flashback to Victor and Nikki's first Christmas together in 1981? In the scene shown Nikki mentions Victor having an unhappy childhood. Was this when it was first revealed that Victor grew up in an orphanage? I can't find any recaps from December 1981 that delve into the details of the Christmas episodes.

The scene you mention is in the vault under '81 Clips - 12-24 Victor Nikki Christmas

• Members
5 hours ago, yrfan1983 said:

The scene you mention is in the vault under '81 Clips - 12-24 Victor Nikki Christmas

That's where I saw it. Maybe someday the full episode will surface and we'll know for sure if December 1981 was the first reference to Victor growing up in an orphanage.