Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I remember Victoria making a comment in an interview like... "when you work with me, you come prepared"... I'm assuming she was referring to Kahlil, and her not being prepared for her scenes. And although I feel Rowell exaggerates many things, I believe every word of that comment about Kahlil.. you can see it on the screen. And considering she herself made a comment about having to look Goddard in the forehead to keep from laughing during love scenes, i was like, WTF? That told me all I needed to know about her lack of professionalism.

• Members

Its was alleged that Khalil posted on her MySpace(my god this was five years ago!!) shortly after the "please pray for Davetta" stuff that she was terribly afraid that one dark late night while walking out to her car a hooded Sherwood would sneak up on her one night while and attack her with a baseball bat. blink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Bobby had been off-screen for several months before it was announced that he was dead. Brittney lasted til the end of '05 almost. Its funny that last year Victor compared Bobby to Deacon and David Chow, yet he was nothing like them.

The Veronica tale at the time for myself wasn't boring. The whole thing added spark to Josh and Nikki who were dull, and it was funny to see Sarah as the ridiculous yet sinister maid. Not to mention the great climax just in time for a perfect 25th anniversary story for the show and the payoff was brilliant in the end.

• Members

At first I thought the story was going to be dull, and done to death - this generic woman in a mental institution, Josh's secret, etc. Daly did a lot to make this rev up - there was such an edge in her work, you could tell that she wasn't going to just slowly boil over the way Sheila or David did. This isn't the shooting clips but one from a few months earlier.

I also love that MTS had no problem playing these scenes in such a bitchy and forthright way, instead of worrying about her character being seen as too snobby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAiu3DdCBN4

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

That's one of the awesome things about MTS as an actress: She is not afraid to play many, many different sides of her character and is comfortable in all of her dimensions. When she turns bitchy, boy does she ever.

I really enjoyed Veronica hiding under Nikki and Josh's nose. Everything with the shooting and after was just gold, since it generated MONTHS (if not years) of story. Josh on the other hand...

• Members

She posted several things about Davetta then acted like she didn't.

Actually Bobby returned for a two day stint (after he initially left) to reunite with Brittany & Joshua.

He died the next week & Brittany left GC a couple of weeks later.

Enos & Woodland were cut to pay for Kimberlin.

The Veronica story was very boring.

Candace Daly was a competent actress but she wasn't Kimberlin Brown (or even Stacy Haiduk).

Again Nikki's near death experience & Anthony Pena's reaction to Veronica's death were ok but the rest was just boring.

• Members

After 15 years of solid work & almost no drama Y&R literally let Liv just disappear from the canvas.

It was shameful.

It's an industry problem & it's been going on for years.

It's only gotten noticeably worse in the past few years given so few minorities are left in Daytime.

Davetta wasn't perfect either.

It took her a couple of months to really get comfortable but by the time she & Daniel got married she was awesome.

Her comforting Devon through his hearing loss & confronting Carmen was some of her best work.

• Members

Haha, i totally get it Deedee wink.png

I have to wonder sometimes if even Bill Bell could even stand Eric, From those interviews of him (Bill) that i have seen he comes across as a no nonsense type of man, so I have to wonder when he and Bergman had that fight, He really wanted to fire Braeden but knew he would risk the show suffering without him (which now wouldn't make a difference)

I bet the writing team does nothing but take demands from him and how Victor should just keep winning... OR ELSE

• Members

It seemed to me that Davetta suffered from the same problem the actress playing Deanna on One Life did, which was dialogue writers putting words that didn't comfortably fit into their mouths.

I think the raised by Dru/raised in Europe thing could go any number of ways, realistically. I was raised by a black mother who spoke with a black American accent and spent the greater part of my family life around her side of the family, but in school I was primarily around whites and my day to day speech is more like theirs. One thing's for sure, my sensibilities, my look on life, my soul, is ALL from my mom, and accent aside, that could be seen as the greater issue VR had with how Lily was being written and portrayed.