Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for sharing the 1983 closing credits Carl! Very rare, and you are right about the one logo looking like a beer logo! biggrin.png

I once heard someone suggest that a way of saving Y&R was to just let Lauralee Bell take over the show? Do you think that would work? I mean if they feel safer with Bells, they might as well try having her be in charge, and since B&B kind of did that with Flannery, maybe that might spark something....

Edited by yr9190

• Members

You're probably right :(

Which is a shame because i feel like she actually has something that Maria lacks...Brains

I think Lauralee became done with Y&R sadly after her father died, Her returns recently have really done nothing, minus the fact that some fans are just happy to see her back on screen (which is the only reason why Maria has her come back)

• Members

Since starting her family Lauralee has been focused on her children primarily, but for the longest time I remember reading she was also looking to break into acting work outside of daytime and did some prime-time spots here and there. She turned the opportunity to return twice in 2008, first for the 35th Anniversary/Restless Style lauch/Danny singing and then for Katherine's funeral. She once said she would only return if the show had a lot more challenging material or did something different for Christine, although I don't think the Ronan stuff is exactly what she had in mind.

Although the Isabella story had a good, chilling climax, after all Christine went through 2001-2003 with the "was it rape?" followed by silly disguise and bad accent and then ending up in the arms of a deceptive Danny I don't blame her for looking down on the writing for Christine.

Regarding Heather Tom's exit in 2003 why didn't the show do more to save her given how easily she got picked up by another soap? How did Heinle get cast?

• Members

I didn't realize that Lauralee felt that way about Christine during the last few years she was on contract with the show. I think she could have returned for those events in 2008 it just felt so weird for Danny and Nina to both be there without her.

Speaking of Danny, why hasn't the show tried to get Michael Damian back on for a few guests spots after the hell Daniel was put through? I guess his music has something to do with it, but i feel like its long overdue for him to return, I can only picture him doing guest spots on the show, since i feel like characters like Danny only could mesh well with the Y&R of a different time (his being the 80's/90's)

• Members

It seemed to me like Lauralee was phasing herself out of the show in those periods. They were very long leaves.

I can't remember but for some reason I thought they asked Michael back once a few years ago (after the stuff with him singing in 2008) and he declined.

• Members

I think after Lauralee left the first time in 2001 was the beginning of her phasing out. I notice that throughout 2001-2006 She was wasn't even on the show for all 12 months and if she was, she was recurring. Then she had that guest spot on B&B for like two episodes right?

As much as i would like Danny to come back, i have a feeling Damian is done with the show too. Its a shame because Daniel has been in the worst shape only having Giggly as a "role model"