Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Sigh.... That makes me want Diane back on the show even more.....Stupid writers :(

Even after that horrible scene a few months ago where Diane starts stripping in front of Victor, the show could still use someone like her.

It's funny you mentioned Ryan's Death as an umbrella story. I feel like that was the overall end to the character of Victoria (with Heather Tom). I know she had that relationship with Diego which seemed like it was kind of successful, till he left town, but i feel even then she was still done.

Its interesting that Scott Reeves and Shemar Moore both left Y&R around 2002, since most people say thats when rating began to fall. I know its not true but i almost want to think that ratings fell cause women tuned out of the show because they weren't gonna have reeves and moore as eye candy anymore. They were probably two of the best looking men Y&R has ever had .

If the writing wasn't terrible id say keep Sheila on B&B, but maybe find a way to have her visit Genoa City from time to time. I think that original template would work better, but again if the writing was good....

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yep.

Stupid writers.

She wasn't done.

She actually had a VERY promising relationship with Michael that was beginning that got cut short by Heather's (understandable) leaving.

Ratings fell because they were falling for everyone.

Plus a lot of characters (like Diane, Liv, Paul, Neil & Jack) were slowly being destroyed by agendas.

Heather leaving the next year was the worst thing to happen to Y&R though.

Sheila outgrew Y&R years ago.

Just because her story began on Y&R doesn't mean it needed to continue or end on Y&R.

She belongs on B&B where the majority of the canvas (Eric, Stephanie, Rick, Amber, Brooke, Ridge, Nick & Taylor) have major history with her.

• Members

Oh yes, i remember seeings clips of Michael and Victoria hooking up. Heather started it, and Amelia tried to continue it. I think that weird scene is still online where Victoria (One of Amelia's first episodes) tries to come on to Michael and Lauren walked in.

Do you think Heather's Victoria would have been a good match for Tracey as Lauren. I never have seen any scenes with Tracey and Heather together, but i think it would have been fun seeing them spar over Michael.

Kimberlin needs to come back to B&B. I can't believe her return to daytime was a pointless role on AMC. I know she's probably very happy with her life right now doing other stuff, but hopefully one day she will return.

• Members

Yep.

Her first few episode (back in GC) consisted of her running around GC bitching at people (like Ashley & Michael).

Indeed.

Even more so though because Victor & Michael hadn't become friends yet.

Her success depends on good writing.

She's a good actress stuck with a character that needs a lot of work to make her viable (beyond the Mitch Lawrence/James Stenbeck/Stefano Dimera psycho cliche) again.

• Members

What was the general consensus on the Victoria/Diego relationship? I wasn't a huge fan (I enjoyed them enough), but I have no idea how people reacted to the relationship and the character.

Of course, then came those few months between Victoria and Michael and those were great.

• Members

Word.

Sheila was always a complex character but on Y&R her means to stay viable were extremely limited with Lauren being the only character she had a connection to. Jack Smith failed miserably mostly because of a lack of trying and shortsightedness to give her an option to stay beyond the Lauren-feud. Whereas on B&B, even after the cartoon stint Sheila had so much history with core characters which could have easily worked to give her another healthy run in LA...

• Members

Was it offensive cos of GV?

Oh yea, didn't they get together at Gina's or something and talk about their respective issues every now and then?

It would have been so nice to have seen a Brad/Victoria marriage with Tom in it.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

It was a Jennifer Gatti situation.

Yep.

At that point you could pair Heather with anyone & get a good scene.

That's how good she is.

Indeed.

THAT would really give Victor & Nikki reason to be angry.

Unlike now where Victor has to constantly interfere with "Villy" up to provide them with conflict & Nikki is a non entity.

• Members

I wonder what the plans were. What did you think of Cody? I wasn't watching that much but I don't remember him having a lot to do. Brody was gorgeous though.

Do you know if they had a lot of plans for that stepbrother of Ashley's (the actor went on to have a big role on 24)? Was that scuppered because Eileen returned to the role, or did the show just feel it wasn't working?

• Members

One should mention that the story had FANTASTIC built up, it did actually honor history with Vickie's ohoto spreads (I had to got there LOL) and Heather and Ricky Paul (who I loathe in any other role) knocked it out the park. I loved it!

Speaking of Heather & Don Diamont: always thought they were already chem tested back in 1995 when Nikki was with Brad. The hatred of Vicke&Brad was just oozing chemistry and if hadn't been for Mary Jo shooting Victor as the next story climax I could have seen mother&daughter being tied to Brad...

• Members

He was cute & very sweet.

Over his last year or two on Y&R (especially once Colleen & Lily arrived) he slowly began to get more to do (including date Victoria).

They had decent chemistry (not supercouple chemistry but decent enough).

Kind of though the whole thing was a mess (though Bernard was hot).

It wasn't working.

He & Eileen were fun together but had no chemistry.

Unsurprisingly he had a TON of chemistry with Heather but before they could really move beyond flirting Bernard left.

• Members

Yep.

In terms of characterization EVERYONE in that story (Victor, Paul, Ryan, Tricia, Victoria, Larry, Sharon, Nikki & Nick) all got a ton of good stuff to work with.

But that was back when Y&R writers took time to actually tell stories instead of depending on stunt casts, insta pairings & retcons

to tell stories.

They were indeed & they were hot then too (but she was too busy at that point with Ryan & Cole to deal with Brad too).

But she & Diamont were even better together once Heather matured.