Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Y&R was good up until the fall of 2003 which is really when things began going downhill.

2004 was when almost everything wrong with Y&R currently really began.

Y&R made a HUGE mistake ditching Raul/Brittany for Brittany/Bobby.

Lauren Woodland had much more chemistry with David Lago & Enos/MTS were ridiculously hot together.

And Enos & Woodland had little chemistry & nothing to do (that wasn't purely plot driven) once they were married.

Davetta & Adrianne were perfect (as friends & individual characters).

They were both believable extensions of their parents.

There is NO WAY Khalil's Lily could've ever been raised by Drucilla Barber & Traci's daughter would never be as shallow & vapid as Tammin's Colleen.

• Members

I know Vicki has made it known that she thought Christel was all wrong to play her daughter, but were she and her ever civil to one another throughout the time they played mother and daughter together on the show. I have heard lots of things that implied that they didn't get along, but i wasn't sure if that was only because Vicki was mad when they fired davetta and got Christel back so quickly, and Christel took it personally.

I once read something on Vicki's twitter where she said that she wanted Christel to go to some event to honor Black History, and And Christel tried to talk herself out of it, and Vicki had to drag her along..... I'm telling you i just dislike that girl more and more.

• Members

Bobby died right? I was reading the interviews for Y&R's 35th anniversary on wikipedia where they interviewed MTS, and they ask her which past character she would like to return and she mentioned Bobby, saying "His character's not dead, so anything is possible" It kind of annoys me that she forgot he died, but in her own word " I barely remember my own storyline"

• Members

It was mixed (no pun intended).

Certain people had issue with Davetta's Lily because they felt it was unrealistic that her Lily grew up in Europe (which strangely enough never stopped them from accepting Scottie Pippen's Valley Girl Lily).

Others loved her (her relationship with her family, friends & Daniel).

• Members

Victoria never really cared for her.

She always had (valid) issues with Christel but once Christel began being increasingly demanding & acting passive aggressively bitchy about everything Victoria was done with her.

You wouldn't be the only one. :lol:

He "died" but it was off screen.

Which means he can return if Enos & Y&R ever feels like it. :lol:

• Members

I'm beginning to think that TPTB are just keeping Christel because they get some pleasure out of us complaining that we can't stand her as Lily :D

Does Tonya Lee feel the same way about Christel as Vicki does?

I don't think the show needs another MAB famous "Resurrection" so Bobby can just stay "dead" :D

• Members

I'm interested to know what people thought about the Nikki/Josh/Veronica story, which remains my all-time favorite Y&R story to this day. Candice Daly was genuinely terrifying and the scene where she shot Nikki at the ranch was without question the creepiest thing I have ever seen on a soap opera.

Unfortunately, MAB attempts a story like it at least once a year and fails every time (although Meggie wasn't without her charm).

• Members

I really feel for Tonya

I feel like she has dealt with the same BS that they put Vicki through, but she painfully has no choice but to take it

No wonder she looks unhappy everytime she returns to the show, and that B&B appearance= Totally pointless

• Members

I thought it was a great story, in part because it was so shocking - Nikki and Josh both being gunned down, Josh dead, Nikki at the brink of death. They'd been stalling for stories for Nikki for years and this story very believably pushed Victor/Nikki back together. I also thought Daly was fantastic and I was very sorry to hear about her death several years ago (I thought it was classy of MTS to say some nice things about her at that time).