Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Do you know if there was any issue at Y&R with Melody having a child without being married to the father? There's an article in '82 where she models fashions for pregnant women and talks about why she wasn't marrying her child's father (Carlos, can't remember his last name). I was a little surprised SOD was discussing this, especially since the Bell soaps seemed to be conservative in view.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's the thing.

Between Smith, Latham & Maria/Hogan so much damage has been done it's near impossible to replace ANY character without doing YEARS of damage first.

Exactly.

Maura was stunt cast.

The horrible treatment during her Y&R stint was a given (especially since they didn't want her in any real capacity beyond a temporary ratings boost)

It's been that way for YEARS.

NOBODY cared about Y&R outside of its own longtime fans & the only reason so many "care" about the show now is because it will likely be the last soap standing.

For YEARS Y&R had a quality show with quality actors now it's being driven into the ground with unnecessary stunt casts, quick fixes, constant backstage drama, inane retcons, terrible writing & lazy production.

• Members

Thanks.

I've wondered, exactly what role did Bloom even play at Y&R? All I know is the Nichols bit. Clearly she had no problem letting various teams gut the show. Did she ever do anything? Was the LML firing her decision?

I'm kind of surprised they even got rid of LML since they don't seem to care about the show at all, unless it was some kind of huge personal issue. I know a few of the Knots Landing actors weren't fond of her.

• Members

You know what i also find interesting. How close Jeanne is to her two leading gal pals Jess and Melody. Jeanne and Jess as we know have this bff thing going on off camera, but its not the same with her and Melody. I'm not saying those two don't get along cause they do, i'm just saying its interesting how Jeanne and melody never formed the same closeness that her and Jess did ( even though i think its because of their drug history)

• Members

A lot.

She was very hands on including casting (TED SHACKELFORD) & rewriting scripts.

LML firing was Sony & The Bells.

Falling ratings is really what got LML fired.

The creative blackhole Y&R became during her tenure, almost total dissatisfaction from the actors & major Bell disapproval were just the proverbial icing on the cake.

MTS & Jeanne may not be best friends like Jeanne & Jess but they have MUCH respect for each other.

And again EVERYBODY loves Jeanne.

• Members

So they don't care too much about any of this now since a Bell is in charge? I wonder if Sony cares. I know many believe Sony is like ABC or P&G and wants out.

I'd forgotten about that Shackleford thing. Do you know what stories she rewrote?

The Tammin thing was Sony right?