Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

FWIW, her role on the show wasn't really all that prominent in terms of a speaking role.  She was really part of the all important dance sequences. Ironically, I think Stephanie was probably featured a bit more prominently when she was on the show because judging from this photograph, her character had dated Leroy at one time.

Kids From Fame Media: Beginnings - Full Episode

• Members

Watching clips such as these makes me wish I were working in the theater.  (Who cares if you don't make any money?  It's LIVING ART).  Also, I heart Dinah Manoff.

Thanks, Franko!  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Wow its ironic that these never had a open relationship at one point both of them never seem to stay in eachothers orbit too long clearly, and 1992? I thought they had a 1 night stand in 1996 im so confused 

I wonder if john ever found out about this or anyone for that matter cause that is some old school soap drama.

• Members

I think John did find out. I know this caused a bit of a debate, even to this day if Billy could be Victor's son. Not that I'd want that to really happen at this point.

1996 was the year Jill was suspected of shooting Victor.

• Members

Jill.and Victor had a brief relationship...and she even turned down being with John cause she liked Victor..only to find out he wasn't serious about her.  Bill Bell sometimes would drop interesting things like this and drag out other stories

• Members

Does anyone on here still kinda wish heather tom was in the role of victoria i know she was probably the better victoria just like others who originated character roles.

But i think ive grown to like ameila victoria over the years shes been in the role for almost 15 years soon she will be known as a vet thats crazy

• Members

According to the description this was the only scene Michelle Stafford's Phyllis and Alex Donnelly's Diane shared. It was pretty standard soap fare but when you have two dynamite actresses (before MS became tic central!), Y&R excellent score and exceptional direction (that shot of Phyllis through the handle of Diane's purse was SO simple but they would never take the time for something like that on soaps today) you get something that rises above the rest.

• Members

I finally watched the two 1975 and 1978 episodes I'd saved up. Thank you to @YRfan23 and @ltm1997 !!

I wonder if these are from a hardcore Leslie fan as many of those that pop up seem to heavily involve her. 

The two episodes were the strongest contrast between Janice and Victoria that we could have possibly gotten. Janice seems so alive, even as we also know how much Leslie struggles, while Victoria's work is so much more internalized. I wonder if that pushed JLB to become more over the top, as she seems restrained in that episode, even in fantasy scenes she could have easily hammed up. 

Always enjoy seeing Janice get to perform. Why she never got a vehicle in primetime I'm not sure. Unfortunately her attempts to do this on AW just weren't as effective. 

I laughed out loud at the ludicrousness of that "fan" of Leslie's showing up at her concert brandishing a hate memoir that drove her to a breakdown. This was just so Bill Bell.  Of course some "fans" are bitches from hell, so it's not entirely far off, especially these days. Ahead of his time, Bell was. 

I thought Victoria Thompson, while not as good in the role as Jaime, was, oddly, a good contrast to Victoria Mallory's version of Leslie.