Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Eve must've poked holes in that trunk not to asphyxiate herself.  Or did she?

Does anybody know what happened to Nikki's wedding dress? Did it end up in storage or the Smithsonian? Ashley catching Nikki's bouquet, what irony! 

Wouldn't it have been a hoot if Ashley's one-time fiancé Eric were somehow related to Clark Garrison from B&B?  Am I the only one who thinks Ashley's fiancé is way better looking that Marc Mergeron?  I guess the heart wants what the heart wants (shrug).  Ashley looked beautiful in her wedding daydream.

Brenda Dickson was really good at playing the arch-witch with a capital "B". Looking at her in those scenes, you would've never have guessed that she was the same woman who had done manicures and been so demure.  Kind of reminds me of ATWT's Barbara Ryan's transition from mild-mannered wife to vixen.  Barbara's deeds were usually more venomous while Jill's words bore the venom.  Mamie must've really needed the job to put up with that foolishness.

Makes me want to see the next episode.  Why is today's Y&R incapable of accomplishing this?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Watching this episode just shows the viewers what less technology back then was still able pull off a successful show and every character on did a fantastic job.

Is this when eve left for good or was there a bigger plot to happen? I know she came back briefly in the 90's but im just curious how she left in the 80's

• Members

Ah.. Ashley before her character was degraded with the whole Victor affair than abortion.. thus kick starting her obsession with him.  Neither the pretty Ashley nor the harsh Ashley seemed to be able to play that pathetic thing for Victor.

• Members

Just finished the episode. it's just amazing to see the Victor/Nikki wedding aftermath. Definitely would never think we would get to see that after all these years!

Please register in order to view this content

Eve is hysterical, and the luggage scene was hilarious....I loved hearing the men rumble about "how much the lady packed" 
Love seeing Julia and Douglas, and it was a lot of fun seeing them and Carl welcome home the Newlyweds....I don't really get the need to be totally "formal" though.... "Ms. Reed...sorry Mrs.Newman" I guess I feel like Carl should almost consider Nikki a "family friend" because of Paul, but I suppose she never really interacted with the rest of the Williams.....and I doubt Mary would want her in the house anyways...LOL

It's definitely nice to see more of a positive ED Ashley...I do think she and Eric have decent chemistry, contrary to the myth that Eileen is hard to pair people with.....I see less chemistry with her and Marc honestly, so I don't get why she's so drawn to him...and it's not like they lasted anyways....

the Jill/Mamie scenes were great! It sort of reminds me of more of the Jill we saw later under Jess. I know Brenda can play a snooty diva, but I'm not use to seeing these types of scenes with her and Mamie, especially around this time. Mamie almost seems more intimidated then how Veronica Redd usually just rolled her eyes at Jill's remarks.

who are the people in the opening?...I see Nikki, Victor, Diane, (or is that Julia?)  but who are the man and woman before Liz...(I don't think I've ever seen that shot of her btw)

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Funny i just thought of that, nikki and paul were always close but nikki never interacted with any of pauls family i swear nikki and patty have never had a scene ever or mary and nikki. But thats how bell kept his characters even the ones you think should be close weren't in eachothers orbits.

Im loving the eve stuff, does anyone know how she started on the show again? I know she used to work for stuart brooks but did she ever interact with any of the brook sisters. Too much interesting loops on the show in that era

• Members

Eve was Jill's housemate, I think they bonded because they both had sons. Eve was in the Stuart/Liz story, but Bell established her fling with Victor pretty quickly, I think within a few months she had shifted to Victor's story. Eve was only on for a year (80-81), then returned about a year later (1982) I guess after that she was really more a guest star.

Chris was pretty much not appearing by June 1980, apart from Lynn giving birth to twins, David Hassellhoff wanted off the show to pursue primetime, instead he agreed to a new contract, but one where he would only appear sporadically and very rarely. Lynn Topping refused to sign that contract, so she was dismissed and the original plan was to recast. Snapper and Chris didn't appear again until Mar 1981 and Lynn Topping returned with David, who had no luck in the primetime game.

JLB was pregnant that year and wasn't really appearing much either and had a temp recast when she went on maternity leave (around the time Eve first showed up)

Leslie still had amnesia, sort of. Peggy was around, but was fighting with her father over Steve Williams.

Logistically it seems the Brooks sisters were kinda scattered or not really around as much during the time Eve was going after Stuart. 

• Members

I did read somewhere possibly 81 or 82 victor wanted eve to get information on lorie and Leslie so i assume eve was still around stuarts orbit those times.

Plus didn't stuart recommend eve to victor in 81 so i guess thats how eve was in victors orbit and the rest is history

• Members

Yes in late July 1981 Victor asked Eve to help him, but Eve pretty much disappeared 2 months after that and didn't return until Oct 1982 in Paris with Julia Newman. 

Actually Victor recommended Eve to Stuart in 1980, he knew her already, it wasn't until after Eve got her job with Stuart that she demanded Victor pay child support. So Bell had set up the Victor story early, I assume the Stuart/Liz thing was only ever supposed to be temporary.