Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

More cast info, this time for Terry Lester. First article is from Thursday Jul 24, 1980. States Lester started as Jack on Tue, so his start date was Jul 22, 1980

The second states his end date as Sep 1, 1989, and Lester's start on SB as Sep 25, 1989

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

"Dwindling?" Really? I know he was upset over Bell's nepotism with trying to make Cricket happen,  but was Jack really starving for screentime as character?

From what I've seen of Lester as Mason, it didn't seem like that role was the best fit for him..

I wonder how he felt when Bergman joined and started winning Emmy's for the role he had originated...

• Members

It would be interesting to see some episode counts from 1989, to find out whether or not Terry Lester's role was really "dwindling" or whether he maybe just felt that way about it.  (My feeling is that there was probably some justification to his grievances.   The "real Jill" had departed in 1987, and the "real Ashley" in 1988.   While the recasts for Jill and Ashley got their footing on the show, I think the Abbotts probably DID take a backseat to Cricket, Nina, Phillip, and Danny to a larger extent than previously. If I remember right, 1989 was also the year that Phillip III died, which propelled Cricket even further to the forefront.)     

• Members

I just always assumed it was money.  But, I always assume it is about money.

Marcy Walker was on the verge of leaving for at least two years before she bit the bullet, and she was due for a pregnancy leave that year.

SB was in a hiring frenzy I would bet they paid more.

One year later, when someone in SB production failed to reply to his agent's call about renewing his contract, he left without notice, and Gordon Thompson, his replacement, said that they had to pay him a big salary because they were in the lurch.

• Members

I think Lester hadn't been happy for a while. That's why he left in 1985 to do a tv movie. I think it was a movie of the week that had the potential to be turned into a series called Blade in Hong Kong. He was off Y&R for about six months, he definitely wasn't starved for story back then.

I am guessing it was a multitude of things, but I feel Lester would have quit regardless of if he had story, I think he was just over it. 

• Members

Here are a couple of articles on Eileen's arrival and departure. No concrete first air date, that article comes from Jun 27, 1982.

The second article lists her last day as Fri Dec 2, 1988 with Brenda taking over Mon Dec 5, 1988

Also notice Marguerite Ray was added in June 1982, probably around the same time as Eileen

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by will81

• Members

Traci is first mentioned in synopsis for Jun 14 - 18, 1982

John’s other daughter, Traci, fretted about her battle with the bulge.  

So Traci came on the week after Ashley. I am guessing Mamie was also introduced around this time as well

• Members

Yeah, only a few days lapsed between the introduction of Ashley and the subsequent introduction of Traci.   If I remember right (and it's only been 37 years ago, lol), seems like we saw John Abbott pop into Ashley's sorority house for a visit and let her know he'd be in attendance at her college graduation that evening.   A few days later, we saw John pop into the boarding school where Traci was matriculating and tell her that he'd be in attendance for Traci's high school graduation that evening.  Both girls went home to Genoa City following their graduations, because their older brother Jack was about to marry Patty Williams, and they were participating in the wedding.  Of course Ashley stayed in town and went to work at Jabot under the name Suzanne Ashley. All summer, we were told that Traci was only in town temporarily and would be "going away to college" in the fall.  But when fall rolled around, Traci decided to enroll in GCU, because she'd made friends with Danny Romalotti, had reconnected with her old friend from boarding school Angela Laurence, and was enjoying spending time with her family rather than being constantly *away* at school.