Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think that's the main reason it was hard to pair Eileen Davidson's Ashley with a leading man.   (Fanning herself, rolling her eyes, gun-to-the-head thing).  There was always SO MUCH going on with the subtext of her acting that she tended to overshadow almost everyone else in her scenes, with the notable exceptions of Terry Lester and Eric Braeden. 

• Members

Definitely.   I really learned to appreciate Brenda Epperson's sweet, soft-spoken soap heroine called "Ashley", but she was never the same character as that aloof, ballsy, assertive, take-charge, eye-rolling, exasperated Daddy's Beauty that Eileen had played. 

• Members

Agree...it's why I liked her better in the role.  However, she had an edge and could play sarcasm when it warranted.

And one of her final scenes was a minor breakdown after the Blade story was over.  She didn't overplay it like Eileen tends to do...she played it just right.

• Members

HI! Because these are the years when I'm sure they're together. Example the period 2001/2007 is the one that leads to marriage and the period of marriage itself; same thing as 1998/1999. I don't know much about the 80s, because I didn't even exist, lol. But in the end, for me it's ok, any episode that will serve to increase my collection,
By the way, sorry for my English not perfect,

Edited by N&V

• Members

Someone was tweeting about Debbie Allen a few days ago and posted a GIF of the Fame TV opening credits sequence and I was trying to discern whether it was Stephanie E. Williams that features in the last frame with Jasmine Guy so I started to do an online search and came across this TV Guide cover.  

Has this been posted previously?

Please register in order to view this content

This is from 1985.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

At first I wondered whether that was Stephanie E. Williams or Eartha Robinson but looking at the face (even though it's a blurry image that goes by fast), I'm convinced that this is Stephanie, and not Eartha, who is doing the Russian Splits alongside Jasmine Guy.  Both Eartha and Stephanie did choreography with Debbie Allen.

• Members

You didn't know that?!  She was a professional dancer before she became an actress. I believe I read that she did a stint in The Wiz. Yeah, both Jasmine Guy and Stephanie E. Williams are professionally trained dancers. Before Victoria, there was Stephanie.