Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for typing what I haven't put up. Sorry for not having more - I hope what I do have at least fills in the blanks a little.

It seems a little tacky to me that they had Victor randomly bed Cassandra in the middle of that storyline, although at least there was some reason, rather than just "What a stud."

• Members

Thank you sooo much for posting all of these Carl! They are really fun to read and its fun learning about stuff that i wasn't aware of on the show.

Man, Phillip really comes off as a jerk when i read this. I feel more sorry for Nina for all the hell he, plus Katherine and Jill put on her during her pregnancy. This is the reason i think some good came back from that "I'm back from the dead, and I'm Gay" crap. And that's, that Nina really tore him apart remember: "OHH U ARE SO FULL OF CRAP!"

I liked reading about the Victor and Lauren stuff, It's too bad that Lauren didn't really seem to have more to do with Victor during her final stint in the 90's and of course now.

The Jack/Leanna writing the ruthless book sounds like it was fun too, Victor really deserved that.

I'm starting to get convinced that Lisa was like the original idea for Sheila, only done with Brad. I love Sheila, but i think Lisa seemed more nuttier than she was. It seemed cruel how she kept Brad in that cage, especially when i read the part about him breaking down.

Wasn't Rebecca Harper the woman who David Kimble was married to before he came to Genoa City? Is that the same woman, or did they just steal the name?

Anyways great stuff Carl, hope you can post more, and i will continue to post mine of course.

• Members

I was surprised to read about the Lauren/Victor scenes, and then the stuff with JoAnna and Marc. I didn't know he was brought back for a story with her. I wasn't even sure she had any stories aside from the first one, with Neil.

I didn't know about Douglas/Leanne either. That sounds like fun, although Douglas knows it's a delusion. It seems like they just put Leanna in to do all kinds of crazy things that the established characters couldn't do.

• Members

Its a shame they got rid of Leanna in late 1991/early 1992. I always enjoy all of her scenes with Rex, and her crazy door with all of those signs was funny too. It was funny that Nikki pretty much gave Leanna all that info on the ruthless story, Nikki sure did have a big mouth back then.

That pisses me off that Victor went to tell off Jim about him dumping Nikki for Jessica, Its not covered on the pages, but i hope Victor realized it was only because Jessica was dying. Victor really comes off as a bigger prick than he is now in 1988-1989. Unless its just how it is written and u would had to have scene the actual scenes, Jill comes off as a bigger Bitch as well during this time.

• Members

I have no sympathy for Nina, she practically raped Phillip, no actually I would say she did rape him, he certainly didn't know what he was doing. She deserved much worse. Just because they redeemed her doesn't change what she did.

Here is the first two weeks of Jan 1988, just working on the second half, I have basically done verbatim what is in SOD. I had to guess the dates. This is from the Feb 9th 1988 issue of SOD, is that the right one? The issue before it had references to Christmas and the Candy Cane Ball, so I assume this must be Jan 1988.

January 4th – 15th

Nina is getting bored with her lonely life at the Chancellor estate, secluded in a room in a remote wing of the house. Kay insists on taking Nina to the doctor for an ultrasound test to see how the baby is progressing. To Kay’s dismay, the results of the test indicate a healthy boy.

Rex’s Cover Is Blown

Gina is worried about her father, but Rex assures her he isn’t in any trouble. The reason he has an assumed name is to make a fresh start. Danny doesn’t buy it. Certain his father is using Kay in a scam, Danny tells Kay the truth; Rex is really his father, and he is a con man. Rex may not have asked Kay for anything yet, Danny tells Kay, but it’s only a question of time. Kay thanks Danny for the information, and assures him she’ll handle the situation.

Cricket Gets A Family

Cricket’s mother arrives in town unexpectedly. Cricket hasn’t seen her mother in years and isn’t happy about seeing her now. Jill is impressed with Jessica, and insists on arranging a dinner party with Jessica as the guest of honor. It will give Cricket’s mother a chance to get to know Phillip and the immediate family.

The Marriage

Ashley tries to tell Victor that she is marrying Steven, but she can’t bring herself to do it. She and Steven have a small wedding in the Abbott living room with only the immediate family present, then jet to Hawaii for their honeymoon. Jack hasn’t had much luck pursuing Leanna. He can’t even manage to procure her phone number or address. But now that Leanna thinks Ashley is involved with Victor, not Steven, she’s in a particularly good mood and accepts Jack’s invitation to lunch.

Wedding Repercussions

Jack takes Leanna to the Colonnade Room for lunch and dancing. Her high spirits plummet when Jack tells Leanna that his sister just married Dr. Lassiter. Ashley will not keep Steven, Leanna silently vows. Victor nearly goes into shock when he opens the morning paper and sees that Ashley and Steven were married. A sympathetic Nikki promises to stay out of his way. She understands how much it hurts to lose the one you love. Secretly Nikki hopes the news will keep her own marriage alive. There’s no longer an “other woman”. Victor receives a letter from Ashley explaining her decision to marry Steven. Newman is angry and confused. He feels betrayed by the woman he loved.

Opposition

Traci’s got problems. She’s staying in Genoa City with her husband, but Tim doesn’t know yet. He’s bound to be opposed to the idea. What’s more, Tim told her that Brad has been seeing Lauren. Traci confronts Lauren, who admits that she and Brad are friends. Brad is off limits, Traci warns. He’s chosen is wife over Lauren and they are living together again. Traci and Brad’s relationship isn’t the only one Lauren is having issues with. She can’t stand the fact that her mother is dating Marc and giving him expensive gifts. Unknown to Lauren, JoAnna agress to pay for Marc’s living quarters if he’ll move into a hotel room across the hall.

Get Out Of My Life

Cricket is annoyed that her mother is still in town, and agrees to attend Jill’s dinner party only because she has no choice. However, she makes her mother swear to leave town on the first plane out tomorrow. Jill’s soiree is a success. Jill, Kay and Rex are all impressed by Jessica. To Cricket’s horror, Kay offers to put Jessica up at her estate if she’s interested in extending her stay in Genoa City. After the party, Cricket demands that her mother keep her word and take off the next morning.

It’s obvious to everyone that Cricket and Jessica aren’t on good terms. Kay intends to remedy that. She’ll find a way to make Jessica stay in town, a well intentioned Kay plots. Jessica keeps recalling her doctor telling her that is she is ever going to make up with Cricket, now is the time. She needn’t be afraid to touch her daughter, the doctor added. No harm can come of it. Jessica would like to attend Cricket’s wedding, but doesn’t want to interfere.

As Jessica is preparing to leave for the airport, she runs into Kay. Mrs. Chancellor pleads with Jessica to stay and mend the rift with her daughter. Jessica says she’ll consider it.

The Lady Is A Tramp

Determined to refute Nina’s claim that Phillip is the father of her unborn child, Jill hires Paul’s detective agency to track down any men Nina slept with last summer. Amy circulates Nina’s picture to locate any boyfriends she might have had, and locates a guy names Chuck. For a payoff, Chuck tells Amy he slept with Nina. Handing Amy his phone number, Chuck says he’ll provide more information if she’ll fork over the cash.

Deadly Flowers

Leanna hops the first available flight to Hawaii, and finds the hotel were Steven and Ashley are honeymooning. She purchases a beautiful lei, sprays it with a highly toxic poison and has it delivered to Ashley’s room. Ashley assumes the lei is from Steven and puts it on. Suddenly tired, Ashley takes a nap still wearing the lei. That evening Ashley receives another box of poisoned flowers. She sniffs them during a romantic night with her husband. Ashley’s soon tired again, forcing her to call the evening short. Leanna vows that Steven will leave the island a widower.

Edited by will81