Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I'm a little confused with the Jill/Kay clips with Deborah Adair. In the first video, Did Jill and Kay not have any interaction at all during the years that they replaced Brenda Dickson (the first time) with Bond Gideon and Adair? Forgive me if someone already talked about that but i just need a little memory refresh

Adair really does look intimidated (For Real) of Jeanne in those clips. Deedee you pointed that out on another post. I wonder why they still had Jill call Katherine Mrs. Chancellor at this point. I thought once Phillip died and they became enemies for life, Jill just called her by her first name free-willingly.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Katherine & Jill have always (until recently) had a lot of interaction.

The irony is Katherine acted the same way when Jill married John the second time too. :lol:

It took Deborah awhile to settle into the part.

Her Jill was much softer than Brenda's.

It worked though because Deborah was in the same place (desperately trying to fit in) as Jill was at that point.

Everyone called Katherine Mrs. Chancellor (or Kay) back then.

And it suited her because she was just (much like Victor) different.

• Members

So what was going on in that clip? why does Katherine act like she hasn't spoken to Jill for many years, especially when she says "I have waited many years" and asks Jill about Phillip. If Jill and Katherine were still interacting regularly at this point wouldn't she know these things about Jill right now?

• Members

I never watched the show until the mid 80's so I don't know. But I though Kay and Jill had no interaction at all between about Mar 1980 to the time in this clip which was around Sep/Oct 1982.

If they did interact was it minimal at best as I don't remember ever reading about any storyline between the two women in that period I mentioned.

I know in this clip Kay just found out about Jill and John planning to marry. She ended up sending John a transcript of the paternity suit Jill brought against the Chancellor estate in 1976. Ashley saw it first and questioned Jill who managed to explain it all away to Ashley, though Ash warned her she would be keeping an eye on Jill and hid the transcript from her father and John and Jill were married in Oct 1982.

The second clip is from Dec 1982 when Kay let loose on Jill at a party she threw. Too bad Kay doesn't throw more parties these days.

Edited by will81

• Members

After the Derek/Suzanne story ended Jill and Katherine did have separate stories for a couple years there that never intersected. Katherine got stuck on the island with Felipe, had Cash Cashman and then her thing I mentioned with Alison's husband while as I mentioned Jill fell head over heels for Andy. Pretty much the same way Jill and Katherine interacted there the mid-90s I would imagine. And of course, DeeeDee is right about vets being sporadic today.

• Members

Pretty much forgotten part of Jack's past.When it all started Bill Bell was talking it up,but Luan died and Keemo was dropped.

The problem to me was that Luan was boring and stereotyped and Keemo was wooden and one note.With better actors and more exciting stories,there could have been years of story,which is something a vet character like Jack needed.

CBS+Soaps+In+Depth+Vol.11+%252346+13-11-2007+%252814%2529.jpg