Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Alison wasn't a psycho just a HUGE bitch (and to be fair Nikki made it EASY).

Yep.

They had a sweet relationship (until she dumped him for John).

Not really.

Once Brenda returned she pretty much ignored Deborah's Subtle Jill for her own Alexis Carrington/Erica Kane Jill debacle.

It's one of the most important part of Katherine & Jill's relationship.

Whenever either of them tries to really move & be truly independent of the other, the other would ALWAYS insert themselves into the other's life.

That particular time it was Katherine but Jill's done it too (Rex).

They have a sick co-dependence but its also fun.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

At this time do you think it's for the best that the show has moved on from Katharine/Jill, or do you think the characters still need that interaction? Would the Tucker story be any better with Jill's involvement?

I've probably already asked this before, but Brenda Dickson basically said that when she returned she had to eventually start playing Jill as a bitch because the writing for Jill had changed in her absence and Jill was no longer a heroine. Do you think she was right?

• Members

It's HORRIBLE that they've moved away from any real Katherine/Jill involvement.

Especially since Jeanne isn't getting any younger, Jess is one of the best actresses in Daytime history, Jill has MAJOR history with EVERYONE & their relationship is the real heart of Y&R.

The Tucker story fails mainly because there is no effort (and hasn't been for YEARS) to tell non Newman family stories.

If ANY good were to be had from the Mother/Daughter disaster it should've been that Jill became Katherine's rightful business successor making her Tucker's natural enemy.

Add in him dumping her & her issues with Ashley & the story writes itself.

No.

Because Jill wasn't a heroine & hadn't been one for a LONG time prior to Brenda's first exit.

But then again that particular statement was basically about backstage drama.

• Members

When did Jill first stop becoming a heroine? Was it the Derek story?

Tucker is just so pointless. Things happen TO him, and he's just there. It's too bad, because if you go back and look at even the most filler of characters in a lot of Bill Bell's stories, they had a strong presence and drive.

• Members

Pretty much.

And Jill's shift to anti heroine was totally character driven unlike now where characters entire histories are ditched for month long (at best) "stories".

Exactly.

And it's not even that Braeden stayed that ruined Tucker.

It's the complete lack of non Newman stories.

If you're not a Newman or Newman in law you're basically treated as useless.

• Members

The saddest part of all that is all the Newmans are horribly written, and half of them don't care about the material or are hopeless in playing it. The worst part of production that favors certain characters is when they have no ability to write for those they favor.

• Members

Wasn't Evans in the role when Patty shot Jack or am I mistaken? I've never seen any of Evans' OLTL work but I do know of her OTT antics on Passions and B&B. I really enjoyed her but I don't know how dramatic of an actress she can be.

Why do you guys think the Williams family didn't make it like the Abbotts did? What was Steve Williams like?