Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hello new to this forum and I have loved reading and lurking. As for the Betty Corday article, I believe it was Afternoon Tv or Daily TV Serials. Were they considering Regina Gleason as Jennifer? I can't see her as Liz and Kay was not ready to introduce that early.

I had thought, too, that Corday was not happy Bell was going to devote so much time to his new baby Y&R. CBS gave it a murderous time slot at noon Eastern. My area in Southewest Ohio didn't get the show until February 1974, and only then at 1pm and a day behind.

• Members

Thanks for the welcome CarlD2, maybe Regina was going to be Regina Henderson??? Originally the info about Y&R had three families and the Hendersons - Bruce, Regina, Jim (later became Mark) and Russ were announced. Only Bruce was on the canvas the first year (along with Ma Henderson when Liz was ill). But I agree Regina Gleason would not have been a stretch as Jennifer, especially seeing as Dorothy Green was eventually cast.

• Members

Welcome Zoe! You mentioned Ma Henderson.I have read before that she was briefly on,but you are the first poster to verify this.

Do you have any other details?.I understand she was a Liz Foster type.Do you know who played her?

Help us solve a Y&R mystery!!!

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Thanks Paul - glad to be here. Dorothy Adams, who was the mother of Rachel Ames(Audrey, GH) played Ma. I believe shew as married in real life to one of the train engineers on Pettitcoat Junction. There was a rare pic of her as Ma in one of the soap mags from the 70's. She didn't stay long from what I understand.

• Members

I read in some archived newspaper article that was about the premiere of the show, that the Henderson's were going to be the second core family, with the Foster's playing a smaller role. I read too that Robert Clark who played Bruce turned up in June 1973 after Liz found out she had cancer. I also read somewhere that Leslie got her first concert tour in autumn/fall 1973 and that Jennifer went with her and planned to see Bruce as much as she could, so I assume the Henderson's were only in Genoa City for the summer.

I don't know how true any of this is, decent storyline info for 1973 is hard to find.

• 4 weeks later...