Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for telling me this, It's good to know certain facts i wasn't really aware of

I do recall there was a scene on youtube from around early 1997 (around the time Sharon was giving birth to Noah) where Victor is in a meeting with Jack Jill and Keith, and IMO one of the greatest Victor scenes of all time, blasts the hell out of all three of them, and then gets a call from Nikki about Sharon being in labor and leaves. I remember thinking it was great to see him give it to Keith who from what i seen seemed like a real jerk (especially to Ryan, though Ryan probably deserved his hatred,) however i think Keith was just sitting there smirking the whole time.

The Jill/Keith stuff is pretty non-exsistant on youtube too. Again the only scenes i have really scene of Keith are of him blasting Ryan etc...

But again that Victor scenes is probably one of my favorites, i believe that was the scene that won Eric an emmy in 1998.

Edited by yr9190

• Members

Y&R Synopses Section from March 5, 1991 SOD.

(Covering the weeks of February 4-8/11-15 1991)

Anxious to purge Jabot of "golden boy" Brad, Jack joins forces with Cassandra. She'll stop at nothing to get her new husband to take the helm at Ra-Tech, and suggests Jack make a bid for Brad's position at Newman Enterprises.

TRACI-BAITING:

Cassie warns Traci to stay away from Brad. Instead, Traci's more determined than ever to get to the bottom of the Carltons' quickie marriage. She and Brad run into each other on their way home from Vegas and compare notes. Brad is disheartened to learn that that he was a willing participant in the wedding ceremony. Traci informs him that his divorce decree was on file with the Vegas County clerk. That's impossible he declares- he wasn't carrying it when he left for Aspen. He confronts Cassie, who tearfully acknowledges setting the trap. Brad bids his bride farewell.

SNOOPING MOM:

Mary pays her ex-daughter-in-law a visit and is horrified to note her protruding belly. Fearing the worst, she rushes to Paul. He breaches Lauren's trust by revealing the baby's paternity to his worried mother.

HEARTBREAK:

During a day out with Scott, Sheila experiences labor pains. She quickly checks herself into a hospital- not Genoa City Memorial. Her baby is stillborn.

CALL HIM DAD:

Diane is fit to be tied when David informs her that the adoption is going through. She intercept's Nina's call and destroys her message. Seeking out Nina, she dotes on the baby. Nina invites her to join them for lunch.

IT'S PATHETIC:

Rex threatens to tear Clint apart if he comes near Gina. Clint decides it's time to hit the road, but Gina begs him to stay. If he goes, she goes, Gina cries.

DRU'S MOVE:

Pretending she has a new boyfriend with a passion for slow-dancing, Drucilla tricks Nathan into teaching her the right steps. Olivia knows just what her little sister is up to.

Hoping to expose David's investment company as bogus, Danny gives the con man ten thousand dollars to invest. Smelling a rat David tries to refuse the money but Danny won't take "no" for an answer. What's a few thousand bucks when you're investing in a friendship? Danny cajoles. Besides, he adds, Cricket and Nina would love for their husbands to bury the hatchet.

DAVID'S PLAN BACKFIRES:

Impatient to get his plan in motion, David hires another attorney to push the adoption through the courts, Cricket gets the new man to drop the case. David flips when Jay tells him he has to bail out-he knows something's up now. Facing up to her doubts about David, Nina bites the bullet and buys a gun.

David feels the noose tightening when Diane announces that she's on to his plan. She knows Nina's son is a Chancellor, and can't wait to get her hands on all that money so she and David can start living the high life.

BAD TIMING:

Gung-ho on stealing Brad's job, Jack tries to sell Victor on the idea. Unfortunately, Brad tells Victor he's leaving Cassie, not Newman Enterprises. Jack says Brad may think he's at Newman to stay, but he's leaving his hat in the ring anyway. Pick the best man, not boy, Jack advises Victor.

Ashley is amazed when Victor reveals a condition Jack placed on his joining Newman. He requested that upon Victor's death, control of Jabot return to an Abbott. Of course, Victor tells his wife, he'll leave the company to her.

PADDING THE TRUTH:

Sheila realizes that without her baby, she's got to take desperate measures to hold on to Scott. She returns to Scott's research lab wearing a pregnancy pad.

SISTERLY LOVE:

Drucilla implores Madame to mold her into a prima ballerina in three months or she'll lose Nathan for good. When Olivia confronts Drucilla about Nathan's dance lessons, underdog Drucilla revels in her big sister's insecurity. Backed into a corner by Olivia, Nathan demands to meet Drucilla's supposed slow-dancing boyfriend. Afraid of losing his trust, Dru takes the dare.

KAY'S NIGHTMARE:

As the month rolls on, Kay is reminded of all the joy and sorrow that the past year brought her. It was a year ago that she married Rex, and a year since Clint robbed her of all she loved. She enters Gina's office hoping to commiserate with someone else whose life was altered by that awful man, and finds herself face-to-face with the enemy. She lunges for a letter opener and is about to use it, when Gina rushes in and retrieves the weapon. Kay is horrified to learn that Gina has been harboring this criminal. Gina professes her undying love for Clint and pleads with Kay not to betray them. Kay manages to Keep quiet when Rex appears.

Edited by yr9190

• Members

Thanks for this. It's a little tough imagining Katharine going wild with a letter opener by this time, but then she got into catfights throughout the '90s, so what do I know.

I guess it's close to the end for Cassandra.

If there are any years or months you are interested in synopses for, let me know, and I may have them.

• Members

Thanks Carl! I have quite a few old synopses to post, I will just add the rest from my collection to Y&R/B&B Even though there are those google archieved message boards. These SOD recaps are good for getting right to the points when recapping stories.

I would love to see that letter opener scene with Katherine and Clint. She must have remembered that she used that knife on Suzanne 12 years earlier LOL.

It still baffles me how Sheila/Lauren seemed liked to were only pregnant for like 4-5 months on the show. A little far fetched, but oh well....

Do you have any synoposes from June/July/August 1991. I don't really know much about those months on Y&R. Also do you have any from 1988-1989?

• Members

I have some from those years, yes, and I'm pretty sure I have some from those months of 1991 - that would be what, a month ahead, so look for issues from July/August/September 1991?

How much of that story did Tracey Bregman have to play after she had a miscarriage? That must have been hell.

• Members

Yes, The first week of June 1991 is covered, in the June 25 1991 SOD. I have that one, and i will post the recaps soon. So the ones from July 9, 23, August 6, September 3, September 17 1991 are the SODS you should look for. ( i skipped August 20, cause i have that one and will post that synoposes too.)

I really think that miscarriage happen many months before that story reached its peak, so i think Tracey did not have to really play those scenes that much. I think she got pregnant again soon after. She was still pregnant when she gave birth to Scotty on the show, so i wonder how that must have felt in preperation of her real pregnancy.

Did u see caryn richmond as Lauren when Tracey was on paternity leave? I'm curious to know what she was like.