Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was wondering how you guys thought about the relationship between Victor and John Abbott? Aside from the infamous punch their relationship strikes me as fascinating as they seem to have the utmost respect for each other, and even from watching yr9190's 1993 playlist of episodes it struck me as interesting that John happily planned a special anniversary celebration for the day Victor founded NE while Jack was still seething over the loss of his son.

• Members

The Brad/Leslie story sounds really contrived and overly soapy. Did Brad have any story after he and Leslie divorced? How did he leave town?

How did viewers respond to the death of Jennifer Brooks? I've always been fascinated by her quite a difference for a family matriarch.

I'd love to see more of Peggy--I've often referred to her as the lost Brooks sister.

• Members

Jennifer does seem very unique, especially since so much of her marriage seemed to involve health crises - she wanted to leave Stuart but then got cancer; Stuart was going to leave her but her heart condition made him stay. How long after he learned of this did she die?

I think he left town after he and Leslie divorced, and he just left town on his own. I'm not sure. Was Deirdre Hall gone by this point? It seems like, from the recaps, it was a long, long goodbye.

• Members

I really do think John and Victor had a great deal of respect for each other. However, i believe that John could also tear Victor to shreds if he wanted to. Like Katherine, and Heather Tom's Victoria, John was probably the only other character who could REALLY stand up to Victor. The writers saw that too which is why i believe they let John punch Victor ( For once) and the best part was that i think Victor knew deep down that if he crossed John in some way, he would regret it.

Just look at Victor's face when John angrily asks him where he was all along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaIOkhh0fOg

The look Victor gives John IMO is a look that says that even though Victor was trying to be his tough self and not have to answer questions on why he made everyone think he was dead, he HAD to answer to John, or else he would be in trouble.

This is why if i wrote Y&R i would redo John being killed off. We need someone on the show that can really get under Victor's skin. Another good punch is well needed for Victor this time.

• Members

There was quite a few issues between Dorothy & Bill.

The decision to kill the character off was fine but the timing was really bad.

The show was changing constantly by that point & Jennifer's death didn't help stabilize it.

Bill should've waited a couple of years before doing it.

Edited by DeeeDee