Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wow, Thanks for posting the 1991 synopses Carl! :)

I still can't get over how horrible that suicide thing with Sheila and Molly sounds. I bet that gave Sheila her mark as the town's psycho/ Villianess ( and switching the babies)

So i guess Ryan first aired sometime in during the week of June 24-28 91. It's lovely how he and Victoria were already jumping each other less than a week later. That scene where Victor catches them in the tack room is on youtube, but its during a flashback.

I bet the Victoria vs Ashley scene were great too, but I can't believe Ashley said she would go to Brad for love to Traci, I really think Brad and Ashley rubbed their closeness in Traci's face sometimes.

Ah yes the famous "Killer" forehead. That must have been really great when it originally aired. I read about the joke being that David wanted to look like David Hasselhoff LOL.

• Members

Or like when the flirted to make Traci jealous. I don't know if Ashley would do that, given Traci's history.

I also wonder about the show bringing back Tim as the man who would draw her away when Brad was dealing with Lisa. I wonder if a new character - like Steve, later on - would have been best, since she had lost Tim's baby and attempted suicide over him.

I remember some scenes from around that time where Ashley took Victoria to the doctor to learn about safe sex and birth control. Good luck getting that on TV today.

• Members

No, Lorie turned up around Christmas 1973. She was talked about a lot. Bill Bell did this on purpose, I think he used the same device on Days with Tommy Horton. And Yeah Chris and Snapper married Jan 1974.

Edited by will81

• Members

I think shows like Texas and Santa Barbara suffered by having all the cast present at the debut.They should have taken a leaf out of Bell's book and introduced characters over the first few months.rather than having all those characters there from the start,which is confusing for viewers wanting to get into the story.

More Y&R history

yr6.jpg