Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I'm curious as to how Lorie and Victor happened to be a couple. I know that they were engaged at one point before she gave his ring back and left town (which coincided with JLB leaving the show). She and some of the other members of the Brooks family came back for the Victor/Nikki wedding, and then she returned in 2002 (?) for a brief stint. What was the story? Did he hook up with Lorie after Julia left him for good?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know the full story, but I believe Victor was truly and deeply in love with Lorie, but she was just using him to help Stuart get his company back. I have the 84 episodes on DVD and when she returns Nikki is very insecure because she knows how much Victor loved Lorie, but she makes it clear she isn't interested in him.

Here's a clip I uploaded to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRCORlJpYZc

I think it was pretty fabulous the way they brought the Brooks sisters back for that wedding. It was a nice call back to the old days and it made it an event, both on the show and in real life. On the show you have this hugely succesful family represented, along with all their history on the show. Then in real life you have some of the shows most popular characters returning so it's a win-win for everybody. And their return felt meaningful even though they weren't the focus. I wish soaps did this more often. You don't have to twist history and come up with some insane story to bring people back. Also, not everybody needs a story to be brought back. Simply popping in and out of town when needed adds depth to the scenes and can help flesh out the characters are ARE on screen.

ETA:

I was looking for clips of Jill and John's 90s marriage, but I found these wonderful clips for Deborah Adair's Jill marrying John instead. I'd love to one day see Bond Gideon as Jill as well. Do we even have any pictures of her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y33JMe-4-A0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDE6Be1P8Lw

Edited by Chris B

• Members

Catching up on my Lorie scenes and boy was that reveal good. At one point I thought Lorie wanted to slap that baby out Leslie, but it was good that things came full circle and the girls put aside their difference [too quickly :P] and realized that Vanessa is the common denominator.

Might ask anyone what Prentiss Industries specialized in? Was it a cosmetic conglomerate like Jabot or Newman? Or was it a conglomerate with no real speciality and just numerous subsidiaries in all markets?

• Members

Bond Gideons daughter posted on youtube asking if they had any footage of her mother as Jill.

When Lorie was on trial for Vanessa's murder, Victor didn't like the way Lance & Lucas acted, so he secretly bought up Prentiss stock and took the company away from Lance. Lorie then reconciled with Lance and decided she wanted to get his company back. She first was going to write a scathing biography of him (Much like Leanna's Ruthless years later). She and Victor started dating seriously. Lucas & Leslie told Lorie she might be getting in over her head. Lorie then started trying to pump info out of Victor's ex wife Julia when she came back to GC.

Nikki who was pregnant with Victoria at the time, was forced into a marriage to Kevin Bancroft by Victor. Victor insisted he was not the babys father and said he had a vasectomy. Nikki hated Lorie for being with Victor. I think there was a scene where the elevator in Lorie's building went out and a very pregnant Nikki climbed the stairs to confront Lorie & Victor. I believe Julia was there as well. Lorie got Victor to give her the Prentiss stock as a wedding present.

On Lorie & Victor's wedding day she left him at the altar saying she still loved Lance. She had screwed over the great Victor Newman. When she returned in 2002, the writers threw her under the bus along with Julia having them fawn all over Victor. Lorie went on about how she regretted not marrying him. YUCK !

• Members

Thanks for giving us more Leslie/Lorie/Lance & Lucas. When I see quick cuts of other scenes, I wish they hadn't edited them out. Like the Jill & Liz scene.

Lorie keeps going on about how Leslie has hurt her, but she forgets she was the one who caused Leslie's mental breakdown by trying to take her first husband Brad away then writing the tell all manuscript that Vanessa got hold of. The book caused the press to hound Leslie which sent her close to another breakdown. Lance comforted her which led to the one night stand.

• Members

Those awful returns where Julia and Lorie had to tell us how they'd loved Victor all along were such huge sops to Braeden's ego. I resented them then and they helped me decide to stop watching the show even sporadically for a very long time. What a huge waste and pollution of history.

• Members

What do you think of this material when you see it again, DeeeDee?

Didn't JLB say in an interview that she had a breakdown filming some of the Stuart stuff or it brought back memories? I can't remember.

I wish they'd done more with Lucas...I think he could have fit into the new era of the show.