Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Not only Victor and Eve but there was also a flash of the iconic Victor and Nikki scene where she is dressed as the French Dutchess....you see a flashback of that in one of my 1992 episodes....amazing that those scenes are from one of the episodes shown in the clip!!

anyways Dennis Cole is very John McCook like.....he sort of speaks like him but doesn't come off as corny at the same time.......

It's still funny how about 8 years later they brought Robert back for Danny's cocaine trial in 1990....I like him a lot better here with Lorie and Lance then I do in the 1990 episodes....he was a real ass in those scenes.....

his has to be early 1982 right? I'm really starting to notice how "modern" everything is becoming.....I guess some of it being the show being switched to an hour but I notice the music is being played more frequently in these scenes unlike in the 70's where they only play music at end of a scene.....also they are starting to use the"newer" cues that were kept till at least the late 90's early 00's I believe....

it's sort of sad knowing that Lorie's time with the rest of the Brooks and Fosters/Prentis was running out and the Abbotts were on there way.....

Edited by YRfan23

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think JLB could have fit DAYS, but Reilly's writing style called for histrionics, and she more than delivered. She was histrionic even here at times, to the point of distraction (her reactions to Leslie's paternity reveal, for instance), but she's also more restrained at other times.

Even in the 1981/early 1982 material I think Lorie still had such vibrancy as a character and it felt like she had matured. I can see why JLB wanted to go but watching this I feel like if she'd stayed they could have still found use for her in the new era of Y&R.

Of course these are just clips. I might feel differently watching full episodes day after day.

• Members

Laura of the Reilly era was more of a plot point than a continuation of the Bell era Laura and so was definitely less complex than Lorie..

Bill Bell must have liked Peter Brown as he used him on Days,Y&R and B&B. That was true of many actors that started on Days under Bell and showed up on the other shows.

• Members

Thanks for posting more! Is this before or after the funeral scene where Lucas throws open the casket?

Glad to see the start of more background cues. A lot of the other scenes which were already great would've been even better with those amazing scores in the background.

So they actually brought the Robert Laurence character back or the actor? I wonder what other random characters came and went.

• Members

Speaking of the Foster/Brooks. Did Liz and Stuart officially divorce ? I know they seperated and Liz was furious when she found out Stu told Greg to go after Chris when she and Snapper were having problems. There was also the thing of Stu dating Gina for a while and Liz was jealous. Stu then disappeared around 1984 to never be seen or heard from again. Liz reverted back to Mrs. Foster.

I was just a pre-school aged kid at the time the 1982 transition was taking place to the Abbotts and remember fragments of storylines from that time. I remember being taken with Lilibet Stern who played Patty. I also remember when Cash was murdered by loan sharks.

I wish we could get some more complete episodes from 1982.

• Members

Did Bond even share scenes with Jeanne? I still think that there were a few years (1980-1982) where they simply had Katherine and Jill not interact at all....

It's still a shame that Deborah Adair scenes as Jill are non-existent on youtube (give or take a couple scenes).....I love all the Lorie scenes but can't help but think of all the scenes with Adair as Jill that are probably floating around those episodes.....

The only scenes of Adair as Jill that is still on youtube are those late 82 scenes where Katherine confronts Jill outside and in the Foster home? then that party Katherine threw where she tries to humiliate Jill by blasting her in front of everyone about their past with Phillip, then John sticks up for her and scolds Kay....

oh well....we waited a long time to see more Lorie scenes....I guess we will just have to wait longer for any of the early Jill and Kay scenes with Dickson, or more of Adair's run....