Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Lorie left not long after Julia returned. I think Victor came to Lorie's place to talk to her and Julia hid in the closet so Victor wouldn't see her. Then a very pregnant Nikki arrived and an argument started. Julia was listening to all of this from the closet......LOL

Poor Kevin Bancroft got the short end of the stick. He wanted to make his marriage to Nikki work and assumed the child was his, but Nikki wanted old prune puss and never let him forget it. Kevin had been involved with a woman named Carolyn, but he was willing to let her go to do right by Nikki. There is a clip on youtube of when Victor was presumed dead and Nikki is carrying on at the funeral and says in front of Kevin " Victor was the only man she truly loved". Ouch ! Nikki was also screaming at Julia.

At the time they had Victor mentioning the age difference between him and Nikki and thought Kevin was more suited to her age wise. Boy did they forget that in time when they had him involved with younger and younger women. I wonder why the show let Christopher Holder (Kevin) go ? He always stated in interviews at the time how he loved being on the show and cast members were fond of him. He and Melody even did a Tattletales during TV couples week. I think they could have had Kevin hook up with Julia or Ashley.

I noticed in the 70's the show mostly had dark haired men, in the early 80's they switched to mostly blonde men (Jack, Greg, Kevin, Cash, Lance, Lucas, Paul, Andy etc...

• Members

Lorie is still boring.

JLB is from the Victoria Wyndham school of overemoting.

I've always liked Tom Ligon but I felt then (and feel now) that making Lucas scruffy (to contrast John McCook's stodgy Lance) was a waste.

Victoria Mallory is still miscast. Leslie was too important a part to lose (especially at that point) but Mallory lacked Lynde's waif-like quality which affected the story.

KT Stevens remains an unsung soap actress who never received her proper due.

• Members

Tom Ligon finally shaved that mess off his face half way through his run and it made him look like a different person. He and Casey were an interesting pairing. I saw a 1980 promo where they were arguing about her finding him bed with someone. Was it Leslie or Lorie ?

Did Lucas ever actually get to sleep with the Brooks sisters ?

• Members

The singing really shocked me as I didn't know Corbett sang yet it could also be dubbed..

I had heard about this Nina centric episode and wasn't sure if it was entirely centered towards her....I guess bill bell didn't do many of these but it's a nice change....I know this is a different league but it sort of reminded me when they did stuff like this for passions with those tabitha and Timmy holiday flashback episodes where it was just them...

David really was convincing early in his plans u do really feel for her....the ending when she cries and we hear David's evil laugh is a little terrifying.