Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Oct 77 SOD synopsis concerning Leslie,Lorie etc

Lorie picks up the newspaper. On the front page there’s a huge headline and lengthy report about a major Hong Kong hotel fire. There’s also a photo of one of the fire’s victims: a badly burned young man. Lorie’s heart quickens and skips a beat. She runs and grabs the Prentiss family album. She pulls out a picture of Lucas, Lance’s younger – and long missing – brother. Could it be? Could the man in the photo be Lucas? She shows the photo to Lance and Vanessa. They don’t see the resemblance – but that in no way squelches her suspicions. When Lorie feels she’s right; she feels she’s right. She goes to see her father, the editor of the newspaper. She tells Stu of her suspicions and asks him to get the original photo. Stu tells his daughter he feels she’s getting her hopes up for nothing, but he’ll help her get the photo anyway. Lorie then points out that the man in the photo seems to have a tattoo like the one Lucas has. She’ll be able to tell for sure once she gets the original photo.

Leslie’s divorce from Brad is going to be final in about a week. Brock realizes this and tells Leslie what’s on his mind and in his heart. Tenderly he touches her face and says, “Leslie, I love you.” Leslie tells Brock she isn’t ready for an involvement, but when she is he could definitely be the man.

The doctor starts to remove the bandages. Anxiously observing this procedure is beautiful R.N., Cynthia Harris. Her heart leaps to her throat as she hears Brad jubilantly should, “I can see!” Cynthia’s joy is genuine…but tainted. She loves the man. His regaining his sight means she has lost him. He’ll now be returning to his wife Leslie. Before returning to Genoa City, Cynthia tells Brad of her love. Brad tells Cynthia she’s a sensitive, caring woman and he’s glad she was there when he needed someone.

Will Cynthia follow Brad’s doctor’s request and tell Leslie? She enters The Allegro prepared to do just that, but Leslie’s words to her put a quick end to this dreaded deed. Leslie tells Cynthia her divorce from Brad will be final the next day. Cynthia had no idea Brad was divorcing Leslie. It will now be to her advantage not to say a word…and she doesn’t. Cynthia prays her decision will buy her Brad’s love.

Vanessa overhears Lorie telling an unidentified person on the telephone that she has to get away for a while, without telling Lance exactly where she’s headed. Vanessa assumes Lorie is cheating on Lance. She plots revenge. She calls a certain Mr. Andrews and asks him how she would go about making a book a bestseller. The success of “In Her Sister’s Shadow” is certain to destroy Lorie’s very happy existence.

Vanessa should only know it’s the wrong course of action. The person Lorie was talking to was her father, and the person she plans to see is the man in the photo. She got the original photo, but Lorie still isn’t sure the man is Lucas. Rather than disappoint Lance or Vanessa, Lorie is flying to Hong Kong to make certain of the man’s identity. Her subterfuge is being done in the name of love; not adultery.

The nurse leaves, and Lorie slowly enters the man’s hospital room. The young bearded gent opens his eyes. The sight of Lorie’s sexy form lifts is spirits to the skies. He immediately starts flirting with her. Lorie returns the banter, anxious to create an open mood. She has to find out if this man is Lucas. Lorie probes, but the man doesn’t want to talk. He was admitted to the hospital as a John Doe and that’ show he wants to remain. He doesn’t even blink when Lorie says her full name: Lorie Prentiss. He then asks Lorie why exactly she is looking for this Lucas character. Lorie tells him the sad story. She says many years ago Lucas started a fire which left his mother’s face badly scarred and sentenced her a life being a veil. He felt guilty and ran away from home…and has kept running all these years. The reason why she is now so anxious to find Lucas is that she wants to tell him he’s his mother’s only hope. This woman is her mother-in-law, Vanessa Prentiss, and she cares very deeply for her – despite the fact that the woman doesn’t return her affection. Vanessa can now have plastic surgery, but she’ll only do it for Lucas. She wants to relieve him of his guilt. The man still won’t admit he’s Lucas, and Lorie was all set to believe him until the nurse removes the bandage from his arm. It was then that Lorie saw the tattoo! The skull and crossbones with the name “Luke” inscribed underneath. Lorie is now 100% positive that she found her brother-in-law. Lucas is not at all glad to have been found. Lorie leaves the room and he utters a loud “Damn” to the heavens.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Here's 2 more new ones from December 1990

12/7/90

12/10/90

The 12/10/90 credits confirm that Heather Tom did indeed debut that month and not 1991 like others say.....She wasn't on contract till a couple months later though (at least Feb/March 1991) Her first episode wasn't included unfortunately....

• Members

me too....(as I hope many others do)

I remember Heather once describing her first scene and it was just her getting a letter from Victor in her room at the Swiss boarding school and after she read the letter she cried ( I guess it was the letter explaining how Victor married Ashley and Nikki Married Jack)

I believe her first couple months involved scenes with Victor flying over to see her at school till he brought her back to G.C which is when she started scheming to reunite her parents....

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Loved that Greek trip one....I had know idea honestly that Bill Bell did little numbers like these during the 70's....just shows how much of amazing production he has....

I loved how Lance just broke out into song, John McCook is actually a really good performer, and whoa had know idea JLB could Belly dance.....

The fireplace scene was nice too....I guess Jill was Stuart's "mystery woman" right?