Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

haha weird....does she wear her veils? I assume the famous scene of her falling off the balcony will be in these clips? haha....

I'm dying to know if there will be any of the Lorie scenes dealing with the Stuart/Jill marriage and some of the Katherine/Suzanne ghost stuff....?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks again for these clips. I'm so impressed by the depth of the relationship between Lorie and Stuart. He's got that stalwart side like John McCook's Eric Forrester, but with more backbone and strength, less cheesiness.

I love the sarcastic, sad dialogue they have Lorie punctuate the conversation with, especially when she says, her heart breaking, that Mark is "the best brother a girl can ask for."

She wails and shrieks but it just seems so real to me. Never an actress putting on a show. And the moment when she realizes he knows...wow. It hurts to watch.

The writing for these scenes - how she realizes he knows, how she is so ashamed and lashes out and he just won't let her push him away, and finally she agrees to try her best - is superb.

Why don't we have interesting parent/child relationships on soaps today?

• Members

TPTB today are under the false impression that viewers aren't patient enough to sit through long scenes like this (And these are VERY long scenes) and it's these scenes that give all that in depth character development. Also, virtually all shows today are run by committee, and it completely destroys the focus. Only two people wrote all that dialogue in these clips, and that was Bill and Kay. Jaime Lyn Bauer is very unique, in that she walks the line between realistic actress and campy scenery chewer, but she never really crosses over it. She just somehow makes it real, and makes you BELIEVE that Lorie is a drama queen, as opposed to an ACTRESS being a drama queen.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

One of the scenes seemed like it was 10 minutes song and it was an intro scene! That really surprised me.

Soaps are even admitting now they don't tell long term stories anymore.....It's very sad how they have lost faith in us viewers in willing to wait to actually tell a good long term story..... not that most of them could anyway.....