Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think it was a question of more money (although, maybe it was, deep down). Jaime Lyn Bauer said she was simply too exhausted to transition to an hour with the show; and once she bolted, Bill Bell decided to write out both families rather than recast yet another core character.

• Members

I agree with him on that because Lorie would've been hard to recast. I think he should've cut her some sort of deal with less screentime or something to keep her. I know he hated the hour transition himself. It still makes me sad to think that Jamie was on DAYS for all those years when it should've been the second coming of the Brooks family. I know they probably used her well, but I feel Y&R is where she was needed. Not bringing this family back is one of the biggest missed opportunities of all time. I also always get upset when John McCook as Eric Forrester. I find that so disrespectful to Y&R viewers since he already played such a popular Y&R character.

Personally I think Justin Hartley (much like I felt about Steve Burton) should be on this show as Brooks Prentiss with Lorie or Leslie brought on to re-introduce the family and you could also have special appearances from John McCook as Lance to flesh things out. It would be an interesting scenario since Leslie gave birth to Brooks, but Lorie raised him and then you have the sordid details of his birth as well. It would be an easy family to re-establish with just a few good flashbacks and some killer character interaction. Lorie and Nikki have such an awesome relationship as well. So much to be gained from utilizing them!

• Members

I'm working on uploading it. Hopefully tomorrow will have some vids for yall! :) I do have one question...what do people think of Dennis Cole as Lance? He seems like a good actor, but he is physically so different from John McCook that I don't know how I feel about this. I definitely can't picture him holding the fort down as one of Y&R's leading men going into the 80s.

• Members

Dennis was written out pretty quickly (about a year). He was married to Jaclyn Smith and they divorced around the time he started Y&R. He and Tom Ligon (Lucas) did have the same hair color etc....and did look like they could of been brothers.

It seems like Bill Bell just grew tired of Leslie/Laurie/Lance/Lucas and wanted it all to end. As soon as Jami Lyn Bauer decided to call it quits, he started getting rid of the Fosters/Brooks.

I never could figure out what Peggy Brooks really did other than the Jack/Joanne thing and her short romance with Steve Williams during the cult story. She stayed on till about late 81/early 82. She was one of those characters that Bill Bell seemed to not know what to do with her.

Chris Brooks was the same way. In the early 80's she had these stupid storylines where she wanted new furniture or a new house and Snapper was too full of pride to accept Stuarts help and they fought about it. Then she became a Jabot model briefly before being written out. I feel Bill Bell made the mistake of getting rid of the Sally McGuire character too soon. If he had kept her on, they could have been a triangle like Rachel/Steve/Alice on Another World. Chris could have been tormented by Sally who lorded it over her for giving Snapper a child, while Chris miscarried. Sally then would pursue Snapper and there would have been periods where Snapper married Sally. Greg was in love with Chris and Stuart wanted Greg to pursue her. Maybe Greg could have pined for her while married to Nikki, which opened up another storyline.