Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Ah! Heather Tom is such a glorious little demon child! I can't wait to see what she does to Ashley. Brenda Epperson is just flawless. The best Ashley. I wish she acted more. I loved her brief stint on Passions as well. The highlight of April 11 episode is that Leanna and Jill spend an entire episode talking about Leanna's haircut and how it will impact the bottom line at Jabot. Of course we're lucky to get any type of office scenes these days, but you would NEVER see that now. I feel like Bill Bell could take any topic and make it interesting while using it to further develop his characters.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's still pretty surprising even after all these years Brenda had that stint on Passions as Crystal Eve's former friend who knew all her secrets then was accidentally gunned down cause they thought it was Sheridan. I wouldn't think she would fit on a show like Passions after seeing her as Ashley and she's more of an "old school" type of actress that's perfect for a Bell soap, but she did do a good job on Passions.

The best thing about most of these episodes is the Jill and Leanna scenes.I know some people say Nikki was a better rival for Leanna but her and Jill sparring with each other always makes my day....I wish I had the episode where Leanna dumps a drink on Jill or Jill dumps the sundae on Leanna.

anyways here's another new one 4/19/93. Almost Half of the episode was cut off though, do to a special report on the Waco Texas Incident.,,,,

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2413k3_brad-decides-to-confront-sheila-april-19-1993_shortfilms

• Members

You don't happen to have 2 dates from May 1989 as well do you? (May 1 and 2, 1989?)

I love that you decided to upload these! I have so many things to comment on which I will in a little bit, but I'm just glad that more people are taking a hand to uploading all these great episodes. These shouldn't be kept off of youtube!

Yep! he's in a few! :)

• Members

Here's the last new April 93 one from me, 4/20/93.

Probably the longest video I have uploaded....Kind of a weird thing with this episode as it's Y&R with Clinton's press conference in Waco Texas thrown in there. The show starts regularly then gets interrupted for the conference and it lasts at least 30-35 minutes or so....have know idea why it wasn't edited out, but they restart the entire show from the beginning after it's done.....you can skip right to 26:18 if you don't wanna watch the speech.....I just kept it in there so you guys would see what I'm talking about, haha.

• Members

Ok, I'm suppose to be actually getting those same 2 May episodes soon, which is why I asked....haha....but that's ok, if you do have them and post them. I'm also suppose to be getting some dates from December 1990 then from either March or May 1993.

Just a few comments on what I saw so far (I watched up to 4/6/89 so far)

Love seeing Nina and Phillip married and her running out of the hospital like that.....Jill tried to get Chase to stall Nina by locking them in a room or something right but she figured it out and that's how they crashed?

Weird seeing Joanna at the wedding. I wonder how long she stayed on till, i'm guessing her exit came very soon....It's so odd how SSH looks so much older here then from some of her time on Days. She was like 45 or 46 here but looked at least about 10 years older.....I do like the nice mother/daughter chemistry she and Lauren share on the 4/6/89 show.....Was it Joanna's long absence that made Lauren resent her mother when she came back in 2005 for her and Michael's wedding during the Sheila debacle? She didn't even show up for Scott and Lauren's wedding later in the year.

Jill's reaction to learning Phillip and Nina got married was great. Jess was def still acting like Brenda though....LMAO at that outfit. Rex seemed so cold to her for some reason and those 2 always had a warm relationship.....I guess he even got fed up at her antics.

The John/Jim/Jessica stuff bored me a little, I'm sorry to say.

The funniest scene was the stuff dealing with Nikki/Ashley and her using Victoria to ruin her and Victor's night.....Y&R did comedy so well during this time and I even think some of that got lost eventually as early as 1992-1993.Victor was actually a lot of fun too...the most relaxed I seen of him, and I can't believe he called Leanna "sexy". I thought they were divorced because he had found out about her role in "ruthless" guess that came later....I love the child actress as Victoria....I think she really brings out the best of EB....

I was shocked at all the innuendo surrounding the Nikki/Ashley dinner date scenes from the way Jack reacted and the way Nikki just says to Ashley "we should be partners" (meaning helping each other hook up with men) LOL.....the look on Ashley's face when she said that.....those scenes seemed like they were almost trying to suggest a possible hookup with Nikki and Ashley, yet it still being the 80's they couldn't actually go there and just had to settle with "innuendo" Bell really tried to play around with it though....I remember people saying it would have been nice to make Ashley bi and have her hook up with Mari-Jo.

good to see more of Lester's final days.....though I admit he really seems more hammy then from what I seen before....guess it was true he was "done" with it by this time. He really was more of the "playboy" as he just breezes into the Newman ranch ready to neck Nikki.

Nice to see the beginning of the famous George Rawlins Murder tale....however confusing it got.....I liked how it seemed to focus on it really either being Paul or Cassandra who shot George.....and wow Victor actually giving real evidence and not twisting stuff around just to save his own ass like he would today.....I liked when Paul confronted him though. Victor was just telling the truth (for once) so there was nothing wrong with his actions.

Can't wait to watch more! :)