Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Lauren became a pod person to prop Kevin.

From the time she returned to Y&R to the time she broke up with Paul she was the same feisty Lauren (albeit more mature). What she lacked in major story she made up in strong supporting work with a number of characters. However as soon as Jack Smith decided to keep Rikaart Lauren (like so many others) was reduced to permanent prop duty for the little psycho.

What makes things worse is Bregman & CLB had developed a nice bit of chemistry in their small scenes which was squandered because all they did for a solid year was wring their hands over Kevin & Gloria's antics which is all BEFORE Jack Smith made Lauren even more of a pod person during that horrible Sheila/Sugar debacle of 2005/2006.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Shattuck's "woe as me" statement did garner sympathy from some in the soap press and some Brenda Epperson fans online at the time. Once Davidson appeared on screen the questioning of Davidson's rehiring was swiftly put to rest.

I forgot Lauren was in a proverbial blackhole there 1999-2001. I remember her 2000 return with that very short hair and wondered why she was wasted by B&B.

• Members

Phyllis was jealous of Diane because Diane was leaning on Michael. Sandra's Phyllis had been Michael's only support system since his release from prison & didn't take kindly to Michael helping another woman (even one who had no romantic inclinations toward Michael whatsoever). A situation which eventually repeated itself with Grace.

Their early friendship was one of the best parts of Sandra's later run (especially once MD left).

They were really fun together in a sexy way & it made her eventual betrayal of him that much more powerful

Edited by DeeeDee

• Members

Did anyone happen to save these (or any) episodes from SoapOperaSpectacular's channel?

12/19/90 (episode title was "Scott is upset with Sheila"), 1/3/92, 6/19/98, and 1998 ("Veronika wants to kill Nikki") and 1990 ("Sheila and Scott, Jill and Katherine"). I'm not sure if those last two were supposed to be just clips or if they are parts of a whole episode. Luckilly YRfan has already uploaded many of the other ones from that channel.

Thanks, all.

• Members

Yes, except Veronica's wig ruins everything!

Nikki gets shot on 3/20/98... I don't think it's ever been on yt in full (to my knowledge). The one I mentioned from the SOS channel is a dream of Veronica holding a gun to Nikki.

I'm trying to sort out everything I've downloaded into some kind of order, so maybe I'll come across more.

Here's a clip of the shooting (in French):

• Members

Yeah, that wig WAS a hot bubbling mess, lol.

Gosh, y'know, I love how artistic Y&R used to be before the network and SONY got their hands on it. They were about doing something different, both story-wise and visually, not boring the audience with the same crap you saw on a half-dozen shows. I just keep kicking myself that I didn't appreciate that until it was really too late.

• Members

Well we know she was on recurring by choice and unlike other recurring actors, she always had contract screentime. I guess I'm not being clear--I realize they did use her as a supporting character, but my point is that she didn't do anything I'd consider memorable like in the 80s or 90s or on B&B. After B&B especially, it felt like such a cool-down. I thought she picked up steam with Michael, but the regime change killed both of those characters which leads us to today. Like you mention, they did do a GREAT job with Ashley on B&B so I wouldn't mind that for several Y&R characters, particularly Lauren.

• Members

They could always bring back Jed Allan as Don Craig (who was also one of Julie's suitors back in the day), who was Donna's father. He could complicate things between Doc and John. Donna could be wealthy and buy Salem Place or something. On top of all that, we would finally have closure to why Don never came back after mailing that letter.

Rumor has it that Don moved to Santa Barbara, CA, and changed his name to CC Capwell. He was the patriarch of an extremely screwed-up family. wink.png

• Members

I was wondering about Michael Damian's status. I know he joined in late June 1981 but was he on contract as soon as he joined? I think he was also absent from part of the late 1980s' but can't find anything about it. He was also off the show in 1993-1994 before Michelle Stafford joined as Phyllis. Does anyone know more?