Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Your welcome! :)

Were you talking about the 12/28/92 show or the Scott and Lauren clip? cause yes for some reason it said it wouldn't upload that episode cause of copyright related stuff....which is kind of odd since I thought DM was more careless of that stuff....I'm gonna have to find out why they rejected it again cause I believe they save all your information.

I actually have the first 2 January 1993 re-uploads on youtube because for some other reason whenever i tried uploading it kept getting an error.....I don't know why, but these specific episodes have commercials and are longer then the ones without them so maybe they are just not letting me load them because they are slightly longer then the normal 40 minute uploads?

anyways here are the 1/4 and 1/5 93 shows.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah I meant 12/28/92... how weird that something from 1992 would get flagged for copyright, and I also am surprised that dailymotion is that strict. Maybe it was for music? On youtube they tell you the specific part of the video that got it flagged. You might want to contact frostedwake on dailymotion (formerly kayden on youtube) because they upload a lot of long videos.

I'll keep an eye out for your uploads because I have 2/9/93 so I'll post it so that people can watch in order.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

No, no 2000 episodes from me :(.....I'm very sorry as I would've liked to see as Dru myself.

She was just a temp for VR right? or did they actually hire her first before Rowell came back? Dru's short return that year started in the early winter and lasted till the fall right?

• Members

The January 1997 episode was more than likely one of Stafford's final episodes before here her '97 exit because Phyllis was gone for a good month before Sandra Nelson's debut as Phyllis on 3/21/97.

Glad to see the 1993 episodes coming in, wish there was more of 1992. I'd say that 1992, 1993, and 1994 are arguably Y&R's best three year period in the show's history with superb writing and stellar ratings to match it.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Didn't stafford first leave around February that year? Thanks for giving the airdate for SN. Y&R airdates for past actors are harder to look up then other soaps.

I always just think the early 90's in general were Y&R's and B&B's best period. Kind of like how the late 70's/80's were the best years for ABC. It's a shame the show can't play up on the history that time period bought instead of coming up with all this retconned crap.

Hopefully I can get more episodes that fill the spaces of dates that are missing. I agree it would be nice to see the rest of 92 as it would to see all the other dates for the other years, but for 92 There is quite a gap especially between the summer episodes then the ones from December 92 I uploaded.....I still have on my wishlist to finally see all the episodes dealing with Victor being "dead" while he was on Hope's farm and the battle of his company.

btw, DM rejected one of my uploads for 2/1/93 so I guess it's best to just stick with youtube.....I only really joined DM cause youtube was giving me problems with one of the other uploads but it seems like DM can be as much as a pain as youtube is.......there's no end to this nonsense apparently :(

• Members

Ok I looked up my notes lol and Stafford's final airdate was 2/14/97. For the record Heather Tom's final airdate was a week later on 2/21/97 and then Sarah Aldrich debuted on 4/2/97. I have no final airdate for Aldrich(but couldn't have been no later than July) but Tom returned to the role on 10/2/97.

The whole Victor in Kanas story remains by far one of my favorite Y&R stories of all time so I do hope it resurfaces someday eventually. Same goes for Victoria's nude centerfold tale, which later came back to haunt her.

• Members
You.have a link to those notes? I still wonder about Stafford's and Tom's first airdates, Beth Maitland's visits when she was demoted to being recurring/guest and the dates Kimberlin and Tracey would bounce back and forth between Y&R and B&B it's weird but I like learning character's first airdates (especially when they are recast) Edited by cassadine1991

• Members

Thanks for all that info! :) I know Stafford's first airdate was either 10/17/94 or 10/18/94 and her first return back was 7/13/00 I believe.When did Sandra depart? was it summer 99 or earlier then that.

I didn't realize Aldrich's run was that brief..... I mean I didn't realize she started that late and left that soon,Her scenes must have been very limited as you can hardly find anything from her on youtube though she made it into one of the openings.....I know she sort of looked like the actress who played Tricia if I'm not mistaken?

I still have some September 94 episodes that deal with the aftermath of the centerfold where Cole and Victoria try to put their marriage back on track and go out to dinner one of the episodes but some guy comes over to harass Victoria and Coles ends up decking him.....wish we could see the whole story. I know the reason that Victoria did it was because she had just found out that Nikki actually did sleep with Cole when he was dating them both the previous summer.She had already ran away months earlier when she still thought she and Cole were siblings.....I also wish we could see those episodes too.