Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Just from that clip, I can tell that Vanessa was a riot. A monster-in-law from hell. Her body language alone wreaked of hatred for Lorie and it was hilarious. But I love how Lorie tossed it right back at her. Just seeing Vanessa seething when Lance pronounced Lorie as family/his future wife, and seeing Vanessa peeved was so good. I wish soaps would play up more on the dynamics of disgruntled in-laws [like Vanessa/Lorie] nowadays. Instead we got Victor tormenting Sharon and Billy, which is totally one-sided and a bore. -_-

Oh how I wish SONY would release any existing episodes of Y&R from that era. Thanks for posting another clip from that era! I hope more arise.

Dammit, as I aforementioned, Y&R needs to bring back their original core families because I'm more endeared to them from the little I've seen then I am the Newmans and Abbotts.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wow! after all this talk can't believe we finally get to meet the notorious Vanessa(the actress K.T Stevens sort of looks like she has Deidre Hall's eyes with that Veil on)......boy you were right what a cold hearted creepy bitch of a woman.....she looks like some sort of gypsy queen wannabe with her veils and outfit....loved Lorie being bitchy towards her when she ordered Lorie to go wait in her room (who does that?? haha). I love how she doesn't even really acknowledge that Lorie and Lance are married and calls Lorie "Ms.Brooks".

Great to see John McCook as Lance.....he doesn't even call Vanessa mother? haha that whole "bonding" after a trip just sounds weird....

can't wait to see more, I already can't get enough after this clip! :)

• Members

Was the book what Vanessa meant when she said she knew things about Lorie?

Did Vanessa ever have any scenes with JL's Leslie?

The tension between Lorie and Vanessa is delicious to watch. You can sort of see that Lorie is in over her head, yet you can also see why Vanessa is so rattled.

It's a real credit to Bill Bell that he managed to get 4-5 years of story with Vanessa. Today's soaps would get a year at best. Even JER, with his "woman in white" story, only kept her around for about a year.

• Members

I gather the book is what Vanessa is reffering to. Vanessa found Leslie more docile and easy to deal with than spitfire Lorie. Later on Lorie taunts Vanessa when she thinks she is faking her injuries and Vanessa lifts the veil to show her she is not. Lorie then discovers she could have had surgery, but uses it as a way to keep Lance close to her.

I read that Janice Lynde left in early 1977 and K.T. Stevens came on in early 1976, so I assume they did have scenes together. K.T. Stevens was friends with Jeanne Cooper in real life for years prior to them both being on Y&R. K.T. was the ex wife of Hugh Marlowe.

• Members

KT & Hugh's son, Christian Marlowe, was also an actor for a while and appeared on 'Love of Life' as Andy Marriott in the late 70s while both KT & Hugh were on Y&R & AW respectively. He later won an Olympic Gold Medal in Volleyball and is currently sports commentator, most notably with the Denver Nuggets.

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/staff_directory/Marlowe_bio.html