Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Bill Bell liked to reuse stories. A good example is a key child of a central family finding out their paternity isn't what they thought it was. In addition to Lorie Brooks, he did the exact same story with Ashley Abbott and then, later, with Ridge Forrester on B&B.

• Members

Thanks for another scene. I hope you post some more if possible.

How much time passed between clips 3 & 4 if you remember? How much longer before Lorie goes out to search for Lucas, and when Vanessa gets her surgery, thus removing her veil?

Commenting on the clip, Vanessa is one crazy ass bi*ch but boy is she one interesting character. I give Bill Bell major props. If anyone knows how to write a lunatic that makes you pity them somewhat [i.e. Vanessa, Eve, Sheila, 90's Phyllis], it was him. Even though it is deplorable what Vanessa did, you can somewhat sympathize with her. Nothing is stronger than a mother's love for her son. Sometimes it is too strong.

Now seeing these clips, I can see somewhat that Brad is giving a modern interpretation of the Vanessa in B&B's Quinn, the psychotic mother that'll do anything to remove the competition from her son's life. However, instead of the lover, it's the third wheel {Liam] in Quinn's case.

• Members

Another gem of a scene! thank you!!! :D

wow K.T Stevens is also a great actress as Vanessa tries to plead her case with a distraught Lorie.....You almost wanna believe that Vanessa is being serious about leaving Lorie and Lance alone then we get to the end where she begs Lorie to take the blame to save Vanessa's ass.....what a crazy thing to do.....I'm waiting for Lorie to just attack her, but I know unfortunately catfights hadn't gotten popular in soaps yet....haha

I always adored the cue that starts at 3;36 to 4;16......it's a shame that even in all the early 90's episodes I have collected that cue rarely shows up and we know Bell still reused a lot of original music till at least 2003 or so.....

also nice to see more of the Hoff as Snapper though I'm still a little pissed about his acting choices during that horrid 2010 return with him and Wings Hauser as Greg when they had the nerve to Kill Liz off....

LOL at the disco ball at the end....

• Members

Thanks for more great scenes of 70's Y&R. I laughed how Vanessa lied that she would leave Lorie & Lance alone if she would take the blame.

What was the Disco scene ? or does that get edited out ? I wonder why the person who recorded these only wanted JLB scenes and not the entire episodes ? When the scenes fade to the next one, I keep hoping we will see the other characters and storylines on the show at the time.

I hope to see more of these classics. I hold out hope one day we will get to see some stuff surface of Nikki pre-Victor, especially her marriage to Greg Foster.

• Members

I'll say it one more time......whoever has either Foster Family edits 1973-1982, Kay and Jill 1974-1979 edits and Nikki (W/ Erica Hope and MTS) edits 1978-1981 better come forward, or just post the whole full episodes....haha.

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

I hope your plea reaches the people who have these treasures. I saw some 1979 clips of MTS on her Lifetime interview and want to see more from her pre-Victor days. I would flip if someone has her and Greg's complete wedding in the Brooks house. It's pretty funny that Chris Brooks Foster loaned her white wedding gown to Nikki, since Nikki was considered the town floozy at that point. I wonder if the wedding guest in attendance kept a straight face when she came down the stairs in that ?

In the short clips I saw of that wedding, I noticed Stuart standing in the background, I wonder if he was the one who walked her down the aisle ?

• Members

It's actually a very typical soap trope. It's from radio days. It's just that Bill Bell knew how to make these characters multi-faceted. I have never liked Rena Sofer as an actress but I do enjoy what I see of her work as Quinn. It makes me wonder what might have been if Bill had written had for her.

I can't get over how blue JLB's eyes are in that clip. The show truly was beautifully produced in this era.

Did Lance ever find out his mother shot him?

I guess we all know she didn't keep that promise to stay away...

I hope there's material around of the time when they get her surgery to take away her scars.