Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Andrew Madrigal?

Though it seems like there was no follow up to Danny getting shot because in these episode it's the next day and he's not injured? He got shot in the gut! Twice! Maybe he was wearing a bulletproof vest or something.

Speaking of Danny, he and Chris are terminally boring. They have 2 topics of conversation, David and how great they think each other is.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Question... In the vault, there is an episode listed as December 1975. It features John McCook as Lance. However, several places that I looked online, I saw that John McCook did not debut until 1976. 

So does anyone know if the date on this episode is correct then? Should that maybe be December 1976 instead?

• Members

If it's the episode in which Mark Henderson finds out the blood types are screwed-up and Lorie's his sister, that's from December of 1975.  (Lorie and Mark were supposed to get married between Xmas and New Years Eve of 1975.)  Is that the episode you're talking about, where Leslie sings "If My Friends Could See Me Now"?  Lance Prentiss first started appearing sometime in the late fall of 1975.  (The copyright date in the closing credits should verify that --- MCMLXXV = 1975.)   

• Members

John McCook debuted Oct 30, 1975 as one of Leslie's fans. 

The Dec episode is from 1975. I am pretty sure Dec 2 or 3. Janice Lynde shared the episode on the FB group at one point

Also Mark Henderson is in that episode, He and Lorie were to be married in Dec 1975. In Dec 1976 Lorie married Lance.

Edited by will81

• Members

Great question. I think the soap mags at the time only said that the show is taking the character "in a different direction".

The last episode for Marguerite Ray (Mamie #1) was the debut episode for Drucilla and Victoria Rowell, and then the show switched to Veronica Redd.

Who was the better Mamie? All things considered, my vote is for Marguerite Ray. I think she was better as the Abbott housekeeper and surrogate mother to Jack, Ashley and Traci.  Veronica Redd's Mamie never was quite a fit for me, in that regard. But on the flip side, I think Veronica was better at portraying Mamie as a strict demanding mother-figure to Dru.

• Members

Thank you! Very interesting that her last episode was Dru's first. I don't see the different direction (this is long before Mamie and John become a thing, Mamie's still doing her Mamie thing, serving as a talk-to for her nieces and surrogate family) they're talking about it so there must be more to it.

• Members

I don't know, I've been watching the first few months of Veronica Reed's tenure and John is busy in some weird quasi-triangle with Jill and Leanna. John and Mamie have hardly interacted. But who knows? Bell did plan pretty far ahead.