DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

"I always thought it would have been cool if Susan Martin was Anne Milbauer’s mom."

Yes, that would have been great.  Especially because I believe Susan had a daughter named Anne before she left Salem.  I was hoping Susan would pop-up during the show's 50th anniversary episodes, when they were talking about the Martin House and the Martin family.  She could have come back to town briefly with a grudge against Julie.  

Edited by Neil Johnson

• Members

Susan Hayes and Denise Alexander were really close during their time on Days. There were a lot of photos from them together in magazines at each other's homes cooking etc...When they did the lifetime tribute, Michael Fairman said Denise wanted to do it and express how much she felt about Susan....and Bill. 

I assume she a Denise are still good friends.

• Members

Yes, he was mildly obsessed with Julie.  He even had a tunnel constructed between the Dimera house and Doug's Place (the nightclub).  At that point, Stefano wasn't such a mustache-twirling super-villain, he was a more realistic Euro-trash gangster.   Too bad they dropped all that, and went in such unbelievable directions on the show.  

• Members

Stefano did cut his losses with Marlena... when JER left as head writer. Stefano got more involved with other ladies again: Vivan, Celeste, Kate. Joe was happy with that because he was also tired of Stefano kidnapping Marlena so many times.

JM thought the quality of the writing went down when Pat Falken Smith left as head writer. And that was like three months into his original run as Stefano, LOL. But like you said, he ran with it and played it with great gusto.

• Members

I could see where he was coming from.  Under PFS, Stefano DiMera was "just" a mafioso -- a credible threat to the residents of Salem, who was still within the realm of possibilities as far as villains went.  It's when subsequent HW's turned him into something out of a James Bond novel that, frankly, they cheapened the character.

I was thinking the same thing, @Elsa.  Denise Alexander would have been TERRIFIC as Beth Logan -- or, if not there, then maybe as Cricket's mom on Y&R.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Both Mascolo and Aniston had previous roles in the late 1960s. Mascol also appeared on TD in 1969.....

z3k8wet.jpg

JOSEPH MASCOLO

TRUE STORY    Toby Brenner   "The Accident"
5/4/1957

FROM THESE ROOTS         Jack Lander         1961

THE DOCTORS       Unknown Character "A Heart is a Boy's Need"   5/20/63

DAYS OF OUR LIVES     Dr. Tutano            1968

THE DOCTORS         Police Officer            1969

WHERE THE HEART IS         Ed Lucas         1973

DAYS OF OUR LIVES     Count  Stefano DiMera   1982-85; 1988; 1993-2001; 2007-17

SANTA BARBARA    Carlo Alvarez           1985

GENERAL HOSPITAL      Nicholas Van Buren    "Domino"  1989-90