DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You're welcome!  It was interesting that they only taped ten days in advance back then.  The story re having Addie killed in an accident rather than from leukemia has changed over the years though.  Apparently, Patricia Barry had leaked the news of Addie's death from leukemia to a columnist friend of hers and the show received backlash from her fans.  Supposedly, Bill Bell had Addie killed instantly, with no death scene, to keep her from having time to do the same thing six months later. 

• Members

It's interesting that Aniston & Mascolo both appeared in an earlier era (1960's) of the show and then come back in later years (1980's). It would be neat to see footage of those earlier appearances and the characters they interacted with.

Edited by SoapDope

• Members

Apparently the Watergate pre-emptions also contributed, I read somewhere that as a result of those pre-emptions (around a months worth of shows) Addie's cancer story was delayed, I think her character was pregnant for about 12 months, lol, and I think she was supposed to die in child birth, this delay is the reason Patricia knew well in advance that her character was being killed off and gave her and fans enough time to cause a fuss about it, which is allegedly why Bell killed her off-screen in 74 when he had the chance. I believe she simply walked out the door one day with Hope and never came back, then the audience discovered she had been hit by a car.

However I do remember reading something with Bill Bell where he stated he had never intended to kill off Addie in 1973, not sure I believe that though. 

What potentially happened with Pat was probably the reason Dorothy Green who played Jennifer on Y&R had no idea (though she suspected) that she was being killed off on Y&R a few years later.

• Members

Bill Bell also stated he never intended to dump Y&R after the first 6 months when Jeanne Coooper said so in an interview. Then an article surfaced from an interview he gave in 1976 where he stated her was going to dump the show after being frustrated with the slow climb in the ratings. CBS encouraged him to give it time to catch on and by 1974 the show had risen to the top of the ratings. 

Edited by SoapDope

• Members
A playlist with 12 musical scores from the original Princess Gina storyline back in 1998-2000, and with some themes continuing to play in 2001-2002 during the Baby Switch storyline and around Greta's Coronation.

I was meaning to post these last fall when the new Gina story started but I never got around to it, until today. I'm not a fan of the new Gina story but one good thing to come out of it was a couple of scores. But I don't have those yet.