DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

What a great clip @victoria foxton!

I kind of wish the show had let Mickey keep having story like this as time went on.  I only know him as uncle Mickey, a lawyer you often do not want on your side lol.  Watching so much classic Y&R with Katherine, I am now imagining a Mickey that revisits the torment of his life over the decades, and what a missed opportunity.

Ir should have been nearly impossible for him to see Mike with Bill and Laura.

I imagine that Flannery leaving and getting rid of Bill didn’t help keep driving that story though. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think the Salem Strangler started with the radio show, but this is way before my time.

One of the only good things I think Tom Langan (as head writer) did for Marlena was reviving the radio show, which tied into the original Hattie story.  I remember Nancy temporarily filled in for her and the ratings surged, lolol.  (This kind of stuff where Nancy was vying for everyone else's successes at the hospital was the only good use of the character, imo.)

But the radio show revival was also sadly tied up with the insane Brady feud, Marlena using Roman, and being SO angry at John/Hope 24/7.  Langan wrote really hateful, destructive material for all the vets--it was crazy.

• Members

The staircase with the round window, position of the front door and the french doors with curtains seem identical to the Horton house. Wonder how that came about?

incidentally, I have read that the Horton house was originally used for a Screen Gems pilot. I wonder what it was?

• Members

I think it is the Horton house. That round window is a dead give away.

I wonder who the actress was in the commercial and if she went to do anything like soaps etc...? I can see that brides maid crying as Laura marries Mickey ( she's in love with him) and Laura really loves Bill....LOL

Edited by SoapDope

• Members

March 1996

After 40 episodes of threatening to rape Hope, finally the whole Jude St. Clair story comes to a head and, I’ve got to say, it’s pretty fun – Hope’s escape, Bo risking his life to find her, Jack determined to prove Jude and Peter are connected. I like that Peter shot and killed Jude. Overall, this was a good story.

The infamous “Letter” storyline has begun and I’m anxious to see how it develops. Marlena's got that damn letter in her bag for over a month now and hasn’t seen it. Jesus.

Vivian finding Stefano in her bed made me gasp. A great twist.

There was something very touching and poignant about what I assume is Sarah's last appearance when Jack mentions that she told him she didn't know anything about love the first time they met and she says that, after watching him, Bo, and Hope, she does.

I didn’t expect the feels I felt when Hope and Alice hugged once Hope returned to Salem (which finally gave Laura, Mike, and especially Mickey, Maggie, and Shawn a reason to come out of storage).

It’s utterly fascinating watching Kristen's slow transformation into a villainess. Say what you will about Reilly's DOOL, but this is masterful writing, expertly delivered by Davidson.

And it's always good when Sami reveals the tragic hopelessness at her core. It helps ground her. 

• Members

@YRBB Could you share where you are watching the show?

Please register in order to view this content

I used to have a website with a very exhaustive DAYS library (I think they were also on Twitter) but the site has expired or moved

• Members

I love this era.  I loved everything about Aremid and it's ridiculousness.  Unfortunately, when I re-watch I generally skip ahead to Paris shenanigans after Aremid ends.  I feel like the show just treads water for those few months in between.  I mean the damn letter is the star of May Sweeps 1996 lol.

ED does so well with Kristen's descent into villainess/crazy lady.  I hated her in 1996, but looking back it's actually understandable.  John and Marlena practically swoon all over each other 24/7 but they just decide to not tell each other for really no reason at all lol.  I won't spoil it for you because it gets so good, but I will say I hope Marlena still has that letter framed somewhere because it took a lot of time for her to get it and read it.

Peter was a great villain.  It's too bad there were personal reasons he couldn't come back because he's a villain that should have returned several different times.  Heck, even now.  It's a shame the story was really less effective due to recasts.

I definitely think Sami/Austin/Carrie really gets good after this, but Bo/Hope get worse.  You can tell Reilly didn't care to write for Bo/Hope the way he did for Austin/Carrie and John/Marlena.

One thing I love about Reilly is that the entire cast is involved in these stories.   All of Salem except Carrie/Austin/Sami were involved in Aremid.  The entire town basically all goes and hangs in Paris during that storyline.  It's a little silly but I like how so many people are connected during these stories.

• Members

Sigh... 1996 for DAYS was wonderful, start to finish. The Aremid storyline will always be my favorite, and it should be noted that it was during the Aremid arc that DAYS not only hit No. 2 in the Nielsen ratings, but *STAYED* at No. 2 until December of 1997.  We can thank "Tony" (or whomever) for framing John and the Lady in White walking around town in white lace for DAYS' Nielsen victory, not a possessed Marlena ...

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Gray Bunny