DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

Love it! 

A lot of those are from their 1999 and 2009 (or 10?) soundtracks they released, but there's some added ones I've never heard in good quality, such as the 3rd one, "Racing Against Time" which was used in the scene where Rolf activates the satellite while Hope is laying in the snow during the blizzard, and she has a long series of Hope vs. Princess Gina flashbacks. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, that is correct. "Hope's Mystery" and "Who Is Gina" are from the the 1998 soundtrack.

"Kiss of Death", "Discovery" and "Theme for a Princess" are from the 2010 soundtrack.

"Racing Against Time" is from Brent Nelson's website. It first played in 1996 when John used virtual goggles to see Marlena and Stefano in Paris.  But I included it here because like you said it played in that iconic scene of Hope laying in the snow and having flashbacks of both Hope and Gina. Then when she opens her eyes part of "Kiss of Death" played. 

The rest of the scores have been edited from different scenes by me and my friend StefPhoenix. 

I have another playlist with scores from other stories and characters. I update it from time to time with new uploads.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyEu8OzxhqW_gF4QWNH9GXD12Au_d-Lnx

And my friend also has a playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe46gLHYt5QV6QRh8eGOj7Im6HRxp3KcM

Edited by Sindacco

• Members

Reading through DAYS early history (thanks to the brilliant @JAS0N47 , of course), and in my reading of the monthly summaries, I'm increasingly finding Dr. Greg Peters to be a sanctimonious ass and it's getting on my nerves. Having never seen him on the show in any episodes that have popped up online, I'm curious to know what others' opinions of his character were, watching day-to-day.

They also glaze over a (to me, understandable) overprotectiveness Susan Martin had over her daughter, Anne, but only refer to it in reference to the litany of complaints Greg had about Susan. Was this really how Susan was with Anne, or was it down to Greg feeling resentful toward Anne for subconsciously reminding him that Anne was actually Eric's baby?

Edited by beebs

• Members

I think she and Julie's father were gone by the end of 1965.  Addie returned in 1971 after Ben died (off-screen).  Doug and Julie were in the midst of their affair but few people knew about it.  Addie hired a private detective to investigate Doug.  Then she fell for him herself.

• Members

Another report from 1977 on this controversy

NBC gets tangled in a story line

Decision to end love affair between black and white evokes charges that network succumbs to racist pressure; tension eases, however, with her continuance in altered role

A controversy has broken out over why network daytime's most prolonged interracial love affair has hit the skids. Tina Andrews, the black actress involved in the NBC -TV serial, Days of Our Lives (Monday- Friday, 1:30 -2:30 p.m. NYT), says NBC has shamelessly caved in to a barrage of racist -slanted mail.

NBC executives say that the interracial subplot was scheduled to last only a year (from spring 1976 to spring 1977) and had run out of Nielsen gas. (The series is down a couple of rating points from its position this time last year.) One consequence of the raft of stories late last month about the dispute- particularly a marathon report in The Los Angeles Times -is that NBC and Columbia Pictures Television, which produces the serial, have decided not to take Ms. Andrews off the show completely. (Her last day was scheduled to be Thursday, May 26.)

"My agent has been told that my services will be called upon in subsequent weeks," said Ms. Andrews by phone from Los Angeles, where the series is taped at NBC's Burbank studios. "And I'm delighted, because I love doing the show." "We haven't exactly resolved where this subplot will go," said the co- executive producer of Days, H. Wesley Kenney, con- firming that Ms. Andrews has not been fined. In the subplot, David Banning, the young white man, although in love with the Tina Andrews character, Valerie Grant, has decided to marry the white woman he's made pregnant. At least that was the plan before the controversy broke.

Now, Mr. Kenney says, David may end up visiting Valerie at the Howard University Medical School, in Washington,; where she's studying for an MD degree, and it's not inconceivable that the romance could be rekindled. Madeline David, NBC's vice president for daytime programs, says she's convinced the producers have handled the love affair "very sensitively, and with good taste."

Both Ms. David and Mr. Kenney say that although there may have been less touching and kissing between David and Valerie than if they were both white or both black those kinds of overt demonstrations of affections are not necessary to the establishing of an emotional connection between two people. Ms. David remembers that the most concentrated outpouring of negative mail NBC ever got for a daytime show was when a white man and a white woman got involved in a steamy sex scene in The Doctors (Monday- Friday, 2:30 -3 p.m.), proving to her that too much physical involvement can be a detriment to viewers association with the tenderness between people they identify with.

"There was no deluge of mail" over any of the scenes between David and Valerie on Days of Our Lives, Ms. David said, "only a dozen or so letters from the lunatic fringe ' that are often unsigned and loaded with ugly references to the supposed domination of the airwaves by "niggers" and "kikes."