DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

I LOVED her with Eve!  (It really should've been Eve instead of Chloe butting heads with Julie at Doug's Place.)  Once J&J and Frankie & Eve finally got together after the rape trial in '91, Julie quotes A Midsummer Night's Dream to signify the mixed up couples getting it right.  Wish I remembered the quote.  Anyway, I love her in the J&J-centric edits I've seen of this era.

What's the story with SSH and Charlotte Ross?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Stephen Schetzer on SSH (he played Julie's brother Steve in  78/79

'I always enjoyed working with her. She's a very strong personality and and I think she follows her instincts and forms instant likes and dislikes', he says candidly. 'If it's a dislike she forms or has of you, she won't play a game to try and make you think otherwise.And she liked me right from the start, I think. She's very professional - and I can say that for the whole cast.

Mmmm - I think he's trying to say Susie could be a total beyotch to someone she decided she didn't like...

• Members

From what I recall SSH said in her book that a young blonde ingenue who was unwilling to heed the advice of those older and wiser and who eventually departed for prime time (Charlotte Ross?) and another young female who would sit in the makeup trailer discussing the bar fights she'd been in the night before (no idea who). 

• Members

I remember this scene like it was yesterday! The great nose-breather himself Drake Hogestyn in a 90s print doing some solid no-contact knuckle-work there.

I remember thinking 'what is Ashley doing here?' And then my heart sinking because undoubtedly Days were going to try and make her happen like with Genie Francis/Diana Colville and all the other Marlena substitutes. I'm so glad Kristen was taken a different route from all that! I mean, in a way, she was the ultimate Marlena Substitute, and that's what she hated about herself the most. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

Re Brenda, I believe SSH said the issue went way back to when they were young; something regarding a man, if I'm recalling correctly.  Re Charlotte Ross, she didn't mention her by name, but she indicated that a blonde ingenue had a vicious tongue in real life too.  Re Kaye Stevens:

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I think the first firing from DAYS humbled SSH a lot, and certainly the second one too. She's said as much over the years.

The reason she agreed to play Johanna on Y&R, which was never a big role and could have likely been played by anyone, was out of her friendship with the Bell's. She said she knew she would never have the same stature on that show, but appreciated and respected that Bell came to her with a role when DAYS had dismissed her. 

• Members

Bo kissing Marlena! My eyes!

Please register in order to view this content

That wrapping paper sound was murder for my ears lol

And Marlena freaking out about the microwave she always wanted. Wonderful stuff.