Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

For as long as I live, I will never give a damn about whatever negative things people have to say about Doug Marland and his work across several shows.  He did his best to give us drama that never insulted our intelligence or betrayed our trust.

• Members

Same. 

I look at soaps today and even one or two soaps that came about in the late 80s and the 90s and I can’t say the same, looking at them through adult eyes, some of the storylines are insulting to one’s intelligence.

At least, I can return to that era and watch and a lot of those storylines still hold up. Sometimes I can even find news things to appreciate, on occasion. As much as I have found some enjoyment revisiting B&B: From The Beginning, some of the stories have aged quite badly.

A little contradictory to what she said in the Locher Room when she implied that things were tense right after stating Marland was trying to create a Black family where none had existed in the show’s history before.

Then again, about half of Pinkins’ time on the show preceded Marland’s tenure on the show, so those intrigues could very well have been in ‘83-85. Some of that time seemed pretty chaotic at times.

• Members

It does seem like P&G soaps, some of whom like G&L and ATWT and EON paved the way for the daytime drama genre are some of the most disrespected shows, in terms of recognition by all but the most ardent fans. 

Lisa Brown gone. Some tweets then. Mostly crickets. 

Hopefully there will be some formal acknowledgment of her contribution to the genre, because heaven knows there was little of that to speak of during her lifetime.

• Members

@JosephThis post was from at least two years ago, so it seems that the account holder has made the video private. From a guess, the videos I was referring to might have been sometime during the ‘Banbury Cross’ storyline, the mystery that leads up to Frannie, Kim  and Bob Highes and Seth Snyder‘s discovery of Sabrina. 

All I can really say is that your best bet is to try to do some digging on YouTube to see whether you can find another account that might have those videos posted. I have no idea where those might be.
Someone here might know the exact dates, I don’t remember. 

Good luck.

• Members

The story became more intense in mid January to its climax in mid February. Those videos were from the week of February 16, 1987 when the story climaxed and Sabrina was found. They ranked #3 for week with a 7.9 HH rating. There are some episodes from January that lead up to the mystery of finding Sabrina.

I don't know why the person who posted the videos put them in private. It's a shame they did it.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Hey @Soapsudswould you be able to post the post that Scott Bryce made about dearly departed Kathryn Hays? It was on Facebook, right? I don’t have a FB account, so I probably won’t find it.

If you can’t, no problem.

Shannon mentioning that the phone line was finally free. I remember the days when characters would complain that all the circuits are busy.

• Members

Scott Bryce

She was an extraordinary women and she was so supportive to me when I was a young actor on the show. She walked the walk of her faith and was a remarkable talent, as well. Grateful to have known her. Prayers for her and you. Blessings on your family.

Please register in order to view this content