Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I would have thought killing David off in 1991 would have opened the character of Ellen up to new story...but alas not to be.

I do remember Ellen had an issue with the  in vitro story...and she expressed it clearly to Emily, Susan, and Larry.  Even Susan remarking how horrible she was as a mother in law and wasn't going to stand for her interfering.

I think the last time she was on was Thanksgiving 1998...I'm not sure if that was when Lorraine Broderick was writing..or if Leah Laiman was writing by then.

• Members

Patricia was very much in control of this interview and got to talk about what she  wanted to talk about - to be honest she seemed more interested in talking about her theater work than ATWT, which I can respect. I'd love to hear  her talk more about ATWT, especially with her sharp memory, but I still appreciated seeing her and I'm glad that she seemed so happy and that the interview had none of the rambling and aimlessness some of these have had. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The funniest...post....EVER!!!! 

His heart is in the right place, I just wish he would shut up!!

Patricia looks great and more vibrant and full of energy then they let her show at least during the 70s...(I think Marland let her have more zip but by that time she was a talk to only.) If only they had let her have that smile as Ellen (my Mom always said she and David looked like they both at hemoroids all the time.)

I always wish they had brought in a man who was toying with both Lisa and Ellen, and it turns out to be Michael Shea...(courtesy plastic surgery...) back for revenge. I think Lisa finding out who he is when he kisses her...("YOU!!! A man's kiss is like his fingerprints, I should know, I have both all over me!") but he blackmails her to shut up so he can marry widow Ellen and find his way into that Lowell money once and for freaking all! Then both Lisa and Ellen unite for once to take him down...Ellen," Oh, Michael, you should know never to mess with an older woman, we are much smarter, and much more ruthless than poor young things!"

Edited by Mitch64

• Members

Good to see Pat Bruder. Pretty good interview. I would have liked to have heard more about her time on ATWT. Her favorite storylines least favorite. How she felt about character being aged

Surprised she didn’t experience Irma disapproving of her doing things out of character on broadway.  Was that just Rosemary Prinz that received the wrath?

• Members

"I know about her being written off in the mid 70's, but not the 60's.

Could you please elaborate?

Being dropped in the 70's was I think it was at the time that Dan , Susan etc were written off. Annie/Dee were still young teens.So David was at the hospital and it was assumed Ellen was at home with the girls.

Then when the show expanded and the girls were aged, Ellen returned. Wonder how Pat felt about being dropped? Obviously, she rolled with it and happily returned."

Ellen was dropped from the show's cast in the 1960s after her second marriage to Dr. David Stewart.   She was brought back very shortly afterward.     She not dropped at the time that Liz, Dan, Susan and Bruce were dropped.    She remained on the show.   It was about three or four years later that the show stopped showing her again (as it had in the 1960s), but around the time of the expansion to an hour, she returned.

• Members

Yes, I have since watched that interview.   I was incorrect about when she was first written off.  It was earlier than I had thought.   In the 1970s, it was not at the time that several members of the Stewart family (Dan, Susan, Liz, Betsy, etc.) were written off.   It was later, and she was brought back around the time of the show's expansion in length.

• Members

Filming out of sequence makes It much easier to group scenes when it comes time for editing in the post, which also means that it is more cost effective. I can imagine, however that it would mess with an actor’s sense of continuity, especially if an actor has done a very intense scene, or has to begin with a very intense, having done something completely different in an out of sequence set of scenes shot previously.

That screen shot is hilarious.

Should I watch this episode? I still have yet to see it.