As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

If P&G had any pride, they would have gathered all these clips and put them on a dedicated PGP (or what ever company is in charge of their creative property) YouTube channel, separate from CBS. Ming-Na has a thriving career right now with a series on Disney+ and a fairly large fan base.
Between her, Julianne Moore, Marisa Tomei, etc. As The World Turns has such a substantial legacy that it deserves a more prominent place. It shouldn’t be buried on the general CBS YouTube channel.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Although I know that Pam wasn’t everybody’s favorite, Robin did some really good work with actors like Larry Bryggman, Elizabeth Hubbard and Jennifer Ashe. Here is one scene between Pam (Robin Morse) and Lucinda (Elizabeth Hubbard) that was very understated yet memorable for me. It begins at 37:28.

Lucinda sounds like a Shakespearean character, “I am abandon-Ed”.

• Members

I posed in the thread about Fires that the Wade bookstore was destroyed in 1980.

This had been an Oakdale meeting place and provided enployment since the 60's.

It was started by Neil Wade,Penny's husband -right?

Does anyone have more details?

I suppose Penny ran it until she left town.

Who took over? Did Penny still own it all those years?

I know in the 1979 eps we saw Lisa and Carol working there. Who else worked there over the years?

It looked a pretty dreary place in those 79 episodes. Without a major revamp it wouldn't have survived the book boom that came along with Borders,Barnes & Noble etc.Lucky it burned down when it did!

• Members

I was looking for something, else, on ATWT's wikipedia page when I saw this:

I know that it is in fan lore that an atty. from Oakdale, a Mitchell Dru comes to Bay City for a work reason, maybe, not sure if a reason for his visit was given. (Then, later, Mike Bauer & his daughter Hope came to Bay City)

Did Donald go to Bay City? Was it an actual cross-over or was it something that happened offstage? Thnx.

Yes, I think that he opened it & when he did he stopped being a doctor. No thoughts of any kind more. If my mother were alive I would call her & ask her. She would know more.

• Members

He was a piece of ASS back then! I wonder why Marland and the exec producer, both of whom knew sexy men when they saw them, didn't cast him in a regular part? He probably looked down on soaps despite his mother, and wanted bigger things, which he got, for a while.

Lisa ran it...(as a little kid I remember her caring around books and I thought she worked in a library..) only ATWT in the 60s would have the town slut running a bookstore! The Dobson's did burn it down and there is a clip of Lisa and Bob talking and she discusses the bookstore she opened at the hospital, Chris and Nancy owning it, and rebuilding the original store, but that didn't happen. I can see them opening a store at the hospital so it gave Lisa a chance to be in the thick of nosing around Memorial, but its too bad they didn't open it the main one back up as book and coffee/wine shop, to give characters a place to go and discuss their problems besides the horrid Platka or whatever the hell the Nick ran. I also liked Lisa having a staff of women and they all seemed to love her and she doted on them..(Fulton was equally good with her claws out or nuturing a younger actor..)

• Members

I wonder that myself.  CB certainly would have fitted in with the rest of the ATWT cast, I think.

I don't think Jeanne Cooper would have allowed either of her sons to look down their noses at soaps, being that she was always a staunch defender of the industry and the people who worked in it.  But I do think CB chose to strike while the proverbial iron was hot.

It's rare for an actor of that age to want to work JUST in daytime.  I mean, even Susan Lucci had to spread her wings for a moment in the '80's and '90's, doing TV movies and miniseries, and appearing in guest spots on various primetime shows.  So, I can't really blame CB for moving on rather quickly after RH and ATWT.  But I am glad he was willing to return - first, to GH; then, to Y&R - when I don't think he really had to, or needed to.

Agree.  I mean, think about the bookstore/coffeehouse trend that took off in the '90's.  ATWT would have been so on top of that, lol.