As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

So true...all of the above...Marland, like Long and everyone else had their strength and their weaknesses...talk about chemistyless couples..Andy and Courtney, who looked like a 40 year old but was supposed to be a hot early 20 model..Iva and John..(the only other character who had less chemistry with him was Mama Snyder..).and while they have their fans...Dolan and Holmes always made Tom and Margo..dour and dull, not the fun they were before. Watching old clips when Iva first came on she was more interesting...fiesty and damaged and she and Mama Snyder (who I must admit I disliked) had a bit of a more contentious relationship..so this whole "I realized Mama loved me as much as her bio kids" seems like a rewrite of their relationship. I liked Iva the gubby fighter who felt an outsider in her family more then the sad sack dope she became. 

Thought I love his names...Gavin Krueger (who I must have been the only one on earth who say him as sexy... ) and Phillipe VanDoren!!  

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Courtney didn't bother me like I know that she bothered others but there were episodes that I missed out on watching the first go 'round. 

The fact that she didn't really have a family rooted on the show didn't help to cement her character to the canvas either. She was Sean's younger sister and Sean himself wasn't truly anchored as a character himself. He was kind of dating nuFrannie, which just wasn't enough of an anchor for the character. Then the character of Sean got a recast. That Baxter connection was kind of unmoored.

If you compare Sean to Kirk Anderson, you will see the difference between an anchored character from an un-anchored character. Right away, Kirk became integrated with Lucinda Walsh and Iva Snyder and the Snyder family, who had been on the show for several years by then, same actors, no recasts.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Oh wow...how did he get Patricia??

I know he said on Facebook he had great guests coming up.

I hated Sean. He was dull as dirt and Burke Moses sucked in the roll. Glad they got her real husband to play Sean but he didn't have much of a story.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I came to love Andy and Courtney as a couple - especially when each matured and had a more adult grasp of their personal issues. I loved their growth and was definitely rooting for them. Their Christmas 1992 wedding made me very happy.

Doug Marland died a few months afterwards and I think his portrayal of marriage between two young people would have been handled better then it ultimately was.