Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't have a problem with Amanda Seyfried speaking ill of her time on ATWT. Any actor who felt they were ill treated or (god forbid) suffered abusive behavior, speak on it. I have no problem with that. I have said this for years. Actors who were dissatisfied with they way they were treated or thought their characters were given short-shrift, what's wrong with being frank about it? I suspected that had more actors taken the leap to speak more candidly, some of these behaviors could have been corrected, with, maybe, as a result, a much better show for the length of its duration. Who knows? 

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I remember an interview Ryan did a few years ago with Jane Pauley (CBS Sunday Mornings, I think?) and her time on ATWT was mentioned (they showed clips but those could have been edited into the segment in post). She didn't seem particularly fazed by it. She said had very little experience then. 

In a podcast interview, Scott Bryce told an anecdote about how when Ryan was leaving, he mentioned to Larry Bryggman that he believe she would make it big in movies and Larry had an incredulous expression, because he thought Ryan was very quirky (when quirky was bad, apparently). In the interview last summer, Bryce was like 'Was it right, or was I right?' 

Marisa Tomei has been very candid about feeling overwhelmed by the rapid pace and little rehearsal time of daytime soaps. The irony is, with all her theater experience, I think she'd be much more capable of handling the pace now.